14

Batman made his way to the hospital finally arriving and saw commissioner Gordon.

"What happened here?" Batman asked.

"Power went out and earthquake." Gordon jotted to him.

Batman furrowed is brow, he scans around and back to Gordon.

"An earthquake should have shaken the whole Gotham city." Batman stated.

Gordon only shrugged "I've asked a few nurses, patients and doctor, they said the building shook and they immediately evacuated from the building."

"The nurse over," Gordon pointed at the male who was helping an old man. "said the quake was very strong it could've brought the building down."

"Strange... how did an earthquake occur inside the building but never the whole city, if it's that strong few building could've have dropped like a domino."

"Beats me, but I think you should ask the league about this." Batman nodded.

"I have already sent them my message." Gordon hummed.

"It's a strange event today, I think this is a doing of some magic or something greater than that..."

Batman stared at Gordon, confused "...how so."

Gordon sighs, "Listen, you can't expect crimes to be only guns, knives, bombs and experiments. Look at Poison Ivy, heck, what about your team? An alien from outer space and a daughter Zeus! Batman, the world is changing as it is and it is breaking my beliefs of superstitions don't exist but learned to accept this. Having someone different from a human is the norm around the world. Report this to your team and ask their opinions about this maybe we can get to the bottom of this."

Gordon then left, joining the others to help patients.

Batman leaned his comms near, "Canary, schedule a meeting with the league along with their protégé tomorrow morning. Be there at 9 sharp."

The dark knight walks to his vehicle, entered and drives away from the scene.

"Oracle, what have you got?"

"No signs of eruptions, the seismic reading is normal, nothing out of ordinary. Everything is normal. However, we got this old news from Paris, supposed to be removed from every sites but I found this one. And this is the only one available connecting to it. Although immature posts but it has important videos in this. Check this one out." The man received a message from oracle and quickly while parking between two buildings casting dark shadows completely blending into his car.

The video played starting from a teen transforming into a rock monster destroying cities while holding a girl captive in his palm. Then it went on and on, slime monster out of a victim, a time traveler using a person's life, a person who control weather, an artist who creates anything from his art. Then it went more destructive, mermaid flooding the whole Paris, Dragon, a live king kong, someone who erase memories....

And all of them went back to normal aside from a victim and everyone's trauma. The dark knight didn't know there were heroes in France.

A Power of creation and destruction. It was a powerful combination.

"A ladybug... accurate alias for good luck. A sign of good things... and black cat for bad luck..." he murmured.

He looked around his car, looking for his papers from the company he misplaced yesterday. He checks his trunk, then his drawers, back seats.

Then he looked under then seat and noticed a phone lying under. It was his phone he lost two months ago!

"so this is where you went..." he went and grabbed the phone and turned it on

The moment his phone turned on, it was bombarded with missed calls and unread messages.

All of them were from Damian and batman then clicks on his WhatsApp. It shocked him, reading every word from his son felt emotions running through.

'FATHER, COME HOME I NEED YOUR HELP!'

'PLEASE! I NEED YOU ASAP!'

'ANSWER MY CALL DAD!'

'DAD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!'

'HELP ME!'

'SHE NEEDS HELP!'

'COME HOME'

'PLEASE I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!'

'DAD!'

'PLEASE, I'M IN THE HOSPITAL, MARINETTE NEEDS MY HELP!'

10 MISSED CALLS FROM DAMIAN

1 VOICE MAIL FROM DAMIAN

Bruce quickly taps on the voicemail and was shocked to the core.

"Dad... please come home... help me here... she needs help...I need help...I'm scared... I don't want to lose her..."

His son, his son that never cries, that never wants to show weakness to anyone, not even him, that never wants to ask for help... what happened?

What happened while they were gone...?

"Oracle, search every newsfeed on Gotham two months ago, include searching every footage on every CCTV. Search everything regarding Damian two months ago."

"Sure, I'm on it."