An Adjustment

The Rockies pack was gathered in the Hale loft, discussing how they would afford the house. "Maybe we could sell some of our kidneys?" Cris suggested. "They might even grow back."

<p>

"We're not lizards, and kidneys are not tails," Serena replied.

<p>

"We should ask Jackson if he's ever tried to sell his kidney," Stiles said.

<p>

"No way are we talking to Jackson about anything. Ever." Isaac replied. "I know Scott forgave him after he helped you guys a couple of years ago, but I have absolutely no love for the guy."

<p>

"We could sell our blood?" Alan suggested.

<p>

"And have a werewolf epidemic? Where people don't realize they've turned and maul their neighbours? Bad idea." Paul replied.

<p>

"I'll pay for it." Derek sighed.

<p>

"No, you won't. That's not fair to ask of you." Megan noted. "You've already let us live in your childhood home for months."

<p>

"It wasn't even a home by the time you moved in. Besides, Peter and I have decided to sell the house." Derek explained. "And I'm going to be putting up the apartments in this building for rent. Malia and Peter will stay in the loft."

<p>

"Are you sure, Derek? That seems like a big decision." Isaac acknowledged.

Derek shrugged. "It was at first. But I realized after a while that we were just holding on to it for nothing. It was a death trap before you guys took it upon yourself to fix it. Besides, my family isn't in the house anymore. They're in my memories." Stiles reached across and held his hand, giving it a squeeze.

<p>

"Well, still you shouldn't spend your money on us," Megan argued.

<p>

"Let him. It's his money. Not like he's spending it on anything good. Like a gift for his favourite uncle." Peter stated.

<p>

"It's alright. It's not a big deal." Derek said again.

<p>

"Fine. But we owe you. And we pay our dues." Isaac said.

<p>

"Understood."

<p>

----------

<p>

"You know, I never thought I'd be the settling down type, but I enjoy this," Paul said, stretching his arms behind his head. The pack stood in the brand new kitchen of their brand new (to them) house.

<p>

"Living in a house does not make you 'settled down'. It just means you're settled. As in a settler." Cris argued.

<p>

Megan rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around Isaac's neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and she stood on her tippy toes. He leaned down and kissed her.

<p>

"Oh god. Are you guys going to be like this now?" Theo groaned.

<p>

"Did getting a house make you guys the domestic type?" Paul asked.

<p>

"Shut up," Isaac growled. Meg pulled away and suppressed a laugh. Isaac whined, and Meg gave him a quick peck before dropping her arms from around his neck. He sighed into her neck and begrudgingly let go.

<p>

"Don't forget to thank Alec again for the house, Ben." Megan reminded.

<p>

"Yes, mom."

<p>

Meg sighed before sitting down on one of the bar stools.

<p>

"So, what now?" Theo asked. "Now that we're aren't homeless?"

<p>

"Now we stay in town and meet our neighbours," Isaac replied, hopping onto the counter.

<p>

"Or we could take naps since we've all been up for hours," Ben suggested.

<p>

"Or you could call your boyfriend," Alan spoke.

<p>

"Nah, he's probably sleeping. He spent a lot of time helping us figure out where to live." Ben reminded him.

<p>

"I might actually go do that, though. But my boyfriend. Not Ben's." Theo said.

<p>

"Has anyone figured out where we're sleeping, though?" Serena asked. "There's only five bedrooms and nine of us."

<p>

"Well, obviously, couples stay together. Meg & I get the master." Isaac replied.

<p>

"What about the rest of us who are single?" Cris asked.

<p>

"You mean all two of you?" Alan asked. Cris rolled her eyes.

<p>

"Or the rest of us whose SOs aren't here?" Theo spoke.

<p>

Isaac looked at the group and wrinkled his brows. "Alan & Serena, Meg & I, Theo & Ben, Derek & Paul, and Cris gets her own room. That's five." He said, counting out the groupings on one hand. There were grumbles in response from the last two pairings while Cris did a little happy dance. "If anyone's SO does come into town, we'll deal with it later. And I will not be taking any complaints."

<p>

"Alright," Theo grumbled. "So, can we pick out the rooms now?" He asked, hopeful.

<p>

"Yeah, go. Shoo." Megan waved them off. And with that, they all took off. She turned to Isaac, "Maybe we should've done what they did in Yours, Mine, and Ours. Given them colours and numbers." She suggested.

<p>

"That would be a nightmare." Isaac laughed.

<p>

"This already seems like a nightmare." Megan joked. Isaac lifted a brow. "Not really. It's just a bit stressful, y'know?" He nodded.

<p>

"It will be for a while, but we'll figure it out. At least we can split the mortgage nine ways." He pointed out. Megan grinned.

<p>

"That's true." She said, extending her hand. Isaac hopped off the counter and took her hand in his.

<p>

He kissed the back of her hand, and she sighed delightedly. "It'll be hectic, but it's ok."

<p>

"Good. It'll be an adjustment, but I think we'll enjoy it here." Megan smiled.

<p>

"I think so, too."