Sad Backstories & Moving In

"So, you learn anything else about that mysterious pack?" Jordan asked from his side of the couch.

"Nope. And it's starting to bug me. You learn anything?" Lydia said as she scrolled through Netflix on TV. The two of them were in Jordan's apartment. They had been together for six months now. Lydia had been coming over nearly every night. None of the rest of the pack knew except Stiles, who had practically pushed Lydia into Jordan's arms after they had broken up. The distance was too hard to work through, and they realized they didn't have much of a romantic connection. They were both much too similar, and it was just too weird. Lydia had also admitted that she might have only thought she liked Stiles that way because he was gone.

"No, I got nothing. It looks like it's pretty much impossible to learn anything about those kids." Jordan said. "It's weird, though. There should be something."

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There should be some evidence that they existed. That they have family out there somewhere." Lydia replied, looking away from the television to meet Jordan's eyes. "Stiles said there wasn't much information about the Benjamin kid. No criminal record. No issues in school. All around seemed like a good kid." She said.

"Doesn't quite line up with the way Derek picked out his pack. I wonder if that's on purpose." Jordan said.

"Yeah, maybe. This Ben kid, though, I feel bad for him." He gave her a soft smile.

"Because you're a good person." He said, wrapping his arm around her. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Maybe, but it's also the fact that his parents abandoned him when he was three."

"Wait, seriously?" He asked, pulling away slightly to look into her eyes. "That's awful."

"Yeah. Their elderly neighbour found him. They lived in a duplex, and she heard him crying through the wall." She winced. "She found him in the living room in his bassinet all alone. The house was empty when she found him. So, they abandoned him on purpose." She wiped a tear from her eye.

"Holy cow. That's awful!" He said, holding her closer and kissed the top of her head. "Why would you do that to a kid? Did they ever get caught?"

She shook her head. "Nope. Missing since that day, and no one knows what happened to them."

"That might be one of the worst things I've ever heard. What happened to him after?"

"The neighbour took him in and raised him as her own kid. But a couple of years ago, she died, and he went missing. Nobody questioned it, though. Apparently, the rumour in the town was that the old neighbour was a witch, and the kid took off to find his parents."

"Wow. Not to sound like Mason, but that's intense." She nodded. "Stiles find any connection between this kid and Isaac?"

"Nope. Nothing. He didn't have any friends, it seems. A quiet kid who kept to himself."

"Wow. That's weird and mysterious. Why abandon the kid at three? Did they know the neighbour would save him?"

"I have no idea. The guys said there were four more kids in the pack aside from Ben, Isaac and M. I hope the rest of them don't have tragic backstories."

"Instinct tells me they probably do. It seems like a pretty common theme with supernatural creatures."

She raised an eyebrow. "Are you saying I have a tragic backstory?"

"May I remind you, your parents divorced when you were young, you have no relationship with your father, you witnessed your grandmother pass away from a self-inflicted hole in her head. Your mother doesn't believe you about the supernatural, you dated a homicidal lizard, and you witnessed the death of your best friend." He listed. "Obviously, some of those being more traumatic than others."