New In Town

The pack was out on their nightly patrol when they found it. They came across an area in the preserve covered in tents. They would have thought it to be casual campers, had it not been for all the paw prints and the scent of wolves. These were clearly not regular people. Malia and Lydia had been the ones to find the impromptu hideout. They took photos on their phones and headed back to the McCall house to regroup.

"I have no idea who they are, but they should not be here," Malia growled. Her coyote was clearly unsettled with having another pack so close by.

"They should have cleared it with the alpha in the area, before entering our territory." Derek explained. The pack was currently gathered in Scott's living room, clearly without enough space for everyone to sit.

"Well, technically it's on the outskirts of our territory." Lydia clarified. "It's pretty close to it though."

Scott nodded. To a group of real wolves, this would practically be a sign of war. It just wasn't done. Who knows what this other pack wanted. It was Scott and his pack's duty to keep the townspeople safe. From any threat supernatural or otherwise.

"Derek, you, Liam and I will check it out tomorrow. Maybe we can compromise on what this pack wants." Scott informed them. The ex-alpha and the beta in question nodded.

"Is that a good idea?" Theo spoke up. "I mean, maybe we should take the whole pack to investigate?" He suggested. Malia turned to glare at him. Why they had even allowed him to come to these meetings was beyond her. It had been years since he had betrayed them and he had come back to help with the ghost riders and Monroe, but she still didn't trust him. Scott had insisted he'd be allowed to come anyway though, regardless of the fact that he was not pack. He would never be pack. At most he was an ally and even that was stretching it.

"I hate to say it, but I kinda agree with Theo. What if it's a trap?" Stiles' voice came from the laptop. Unfortunately, he was still in D.C. because evidently, FBI agents couldn't exactly go anywhere, they liked. But it did help to have a 'man on the inside' so to speak. They'd find out about suspicious supernatural activity faster that way and had been able to track Monroe's movements.

Scott took his best friend's words to heart but made a decision against his warning regardless. "I just think bringing more of the pack in might cause them to think that we might want a fight. They might feel like they have to fight back." Not all of the pack agreed with Scott's decision. Plainly Stiles, Theo and the older Hales. Derek had been alpha and he would definitely have gone in with backup, but he bit his tongue and agreed. Scott was the alpha now and Derek would just have to accept his choices.

Everyone cleared out of Scott's living room and Stiles logged off. The puppy pack elected to go to the diner as was their plan every time after a meeting.

"Can you believe it?" Liam asked. "Another pack in Beacon Hills?"

Alec shrugged. The newest member of the pack was pretty chill. Perhaps even too chill in Liam's mind.

"Yeah, it seems a bit weird," Corey admitted.

"And dangerous." Theo supplied. He may not be pack, but Liam definitely counted him as part of the puppy pack anyway. Besides, these days Liam rarely went anywhere without the chimera. Next to Mason, Theo was probably his best friend. The two even lived together now, Theo living in Liam's parents' basement. He was taking a few classes at the local college while Liam attended an online university. Theo was redoing all of his high school courses as he hadn't really been able to focus on them the first time. Liam was studying history and had insisted he could juggle his course load as well as any werewolf duties.