It's Hard To Make Friends

"Oh my God. Took long enough. Holy cow." Stiles said from the phone, nearly making Derek jump.

"Hey, it's not my fault you forgot to send the stupid autopsy report." Derek reminded him.

"It took a while to clear it with the bosses, ok? I'm not exactly a detective, yet!" Stiles said.

"Gentlemen, please," Deaton spoke up. The two in question stopped bickering. "From what I gather from the report, Isaac's throat was slashed out, lung damage from smoke inhalation.... hmm that's odd," Deaton said puzzled.

"Did you say lung damage?" Stiles asked. "That's obviously not possible because of the wolf thing. Anything else strange?"

"Yes, ah there's signs of liver damage as well. Acquired from decades of alcohol abuse." Deaton continued eyebrows furrowed.

"That can't be possible. There's no way, it's him. It's impossible." Stiles said.

"No, it's not him. Did the blood type match Isaac's?" Derek asked.

"I'm not sure. What was Isaac's blood type? Looks like the medical examiner didn't exactly have Isaac's medical file on record."

"B positive, it was B positive," Derek said. "I went through his medical records when I considered who to change. Wanted to make sure they'd be able to handle it, strong hearts and all that.

Deaton leant down to look at the report again. "No. It says his blood type was A negative."

"Okay so either Isaac has an evil, drinking, smoking, twin who for some reason has a different blood type, or there's something super freaky going on here," Stiles said.

"You can say that again," Derek said.

"There has to be more to the story, than that," Deaton said.

-------------

Theo was walking around in the preserve with Liam and the rest of the puppy pack hot on his trail. It was impossible to be stealthy like this, Theo noted. Too many people for them to be unnoticed. He had wanted to talk to the female Alpha by himself, or maybe just Liam but the rest had volunteered and followed. Theo should be glad for the extra safety, but it just made him feel untrusted. Which, he knew that he was in fairness, but still.

"So, what's the plan?" Liam asked.

"No plan. Just want to see what kind of information I can get out of them." Theo replied.

"You're sure meeting with them is a good idea?" Corey asked.

"Probably not, but when have I ever been known for good ideas?" Theo asked rhetorically.

"And you want us just to hang back?" Alec asked.

"I would've preferred if you hadn't been here in the first place, but yeah. Hang back."

"Rude," Alec said.

"Are you sure they'll even want to speak to you?" Mason asked.

"They've been trying to get Theo to talk to them since they showed up," Liam growled.

"Yeah, and now they have a chance to do just that," Theo said.

When they made it to the Hale house, Theo was taken aback by the obvious improvements to the house. It was nowhere near perfect, but it definitely looked much better than the last time he had been there. Windows were no longer cracked, the panelling looked clean, the door had been adjusted and was no longer at an angle. The rotting floorboards of the porch seemed fixed, and it looked like it had even been painted. Overall, the werewolves residing there seemed to be fixing it up infinitesimally. Perhaps at this rate, Derek and Peter could even get a pretty penny if they sold it. The puppy pack stopped when the trees thinned out. Theo took a deep breath and started heading for the house when a hand pulled him back. He sighed and turned his head to look into Liam's beautiful crystal blue eyes.