The-Would-Be-Fight-Scene

And it worked. They were ready to move out after nearly an hour of Megan and Ben making glasses that would let them see anything invisible, tested out by Corey's abilities and Mason confirming where he was.

"Are we sure this is a good plan?" Nolan asked again.

"Yes, we are," Liam said, trying to calm him.

"Besides, it'd better work since it's the only plan we got," Paul added.

"Don't listen to him. Just make sure you keep the glasses on and shoot your arrows at anyone who isn't on our team." Alec said.

"Preferably that includes us too," Paul said.

"I was including everyone in this room." Alec clarified.

"Well, then. You're alright kid." Paul grinned.

-----

"Alright, everyone got their weapons?" Isaac asked, which was met with many glowing eyes and claws and a few guns and a crossbow.

"Good. Everybody, stay safe out there. We might need the numbers." Scott added.

"You get hurt. Hurt 'em back. You get killed; walk it off." Ben added as he handed a pair of glasses to Stiles, who snorted in return.

"Still don't know what you're referencing." Paul said.

"Avengers. Assemble." Theo smirked. Isaac rolled his eyes, opened the door, and headed out into the underground tunnels. It didn't take long to find the hunters waiting for them.

--------

Theo lay on the cold hard floor, trying to breathe normally. His lungs struggled, and his ribs burned with each gulp of air. His breath was ragged, and his muscles and bones ached from the fight. He could barely lift his head from the pounding in his head, a clear sign that the adrenaline was wearing off. He tried not to move as he surveyed the surroundings. He could see Stiles' lanky body leaning against a tree to his right, trying to catch his own breath. Derek was stood over him, grimacing as he looked him over like a worried mother. Theo tried to smirk at the sight, but even that made his vision swim. In the distance, he also saw Megan leaning against Isaac's shoulders for support. He noted the blood in the air coming from all around the area, no doubt some from his own wounds as well.

Somehow, they had survived. They had even won, and he wanted to celebrate the victory, but his body wasn't up for it. He closed his eyes and used his nose to search the area for the scent of wounds from their side. His ears strained to find the heartbeats. He listened in and counted them. As he suspected, they were beating fast, but they'd all live. He calmed himself down, knowing that they were all ok, and then he zeroed in on one heartbeat in particular. The one whose rhythm might as well be tattooed into his brain. Liam's heartbeat.

He could barely remember the fight now. He supposed that was probably a bad thing, signalling a concussion. But he didn't think it would matter now. They'd won. That was what mattered. Everyone was ok.

Suddenly, Theo heard a noise that interrupted his thoughts, and his head shot up, which he regretted as he was sent into a dizzy haze. However, he recognized the walking pace heading towards him, and that settled him again.

"Are you ok?" The young man spoke in a voice deeper than usual.

"I've been better." He joked.

"C-can I try something?" Liam asked hesitatingly. Theo could feel his eyes on his lips, which caused Theo's heart to jump into his throat. He responded to this the only way he knew how to. With anger.

"Get the fuck off me." He shouted and shoved Liam away. Liam nodded sadly and walked away with his metaphorical tail between his legs.