Forty Three - "I love you."

Chapter Forty Three

Pia's POV

Everything was like in a movie. I was watching a scene of angry men, ready to shed blood... to fight and kill each other for what they wanted.

Except that. I was included in the scene, and they were fighting for me.

The tension was unnerving as everyone focused on Kristov looking so furious. A guard ran to him, and explained the incident.

Kristov held my eyes, a blank stare that I could not read, then he continued to listen to the guard.

My hands shook. Guilt. Worry. Nervous, overwhelmed me.

I regretted not telling Kristov about Jacob. Watching his expression, with furrowed forehead and tight lips, intensified my agitation. He was not happy hearing the information the guard gave him.

I love him so much. I don't want him to doubt my feelings for him.

Kristov dismissed the guard, then turned his attention to me. I was holding my breath, worried if he was mad at me.

He walked towards me, and when he extended his hand, I ran to him, meeting him halfway. My worry eased when he gathered me in his arms.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded, then apologized right away, "I'm sorry, for causing this trouble. I should have told you sooner."

"Don't blame yourself, you did your part. This idiot is just so hardheaded," his hand caressed my back, in a very comforting manner, "let's talk about this later."

I nodded, and he pressed a kiss on my temple.

"You fucking bastard!" Jacob bursted at Kristov, his eyes were in rage, "take your hands off my girl!"

Kristov's lips tightened, giving Jacob a cold stare. His voice was calm and firm when he answered, "she's not anymore, and will never be again. Get your ass out of here, and leave her alone, or I'll make sure you rot in hell."

"Are you threatening me? You don't scare me! " Jacob grabbed Cameron's gun from the latter's waistband holster, alarming everyone.

"The gun is cocked and loaded," Cameron almost yelled, after he failed to grab Jacob.

Jacob moved near me, then pointed the gun at Kristov, "I don't give a damn if you're the richest and most powerful man in the world. I'll blow your fucking brain if you won't let go of her."

Jacob's eyes were red, and almost popped out in anger. The nice boy I loved before was gone at that moment. All I could see was a devil on him.

I pulled away from Kristov, putting a distance between us. I was afraid that Jacob would mean what he said and fire a bullet at Kristov.

"Put the gun down. We can resolve this in a calm manner," Kristov said firmly to Jacob, but the latter was blinded with anger, like possessed by the devil.

Jacob laughed sarcastically, "how? By offering me money to leave you and Pia alone. You rich people are just the same. You think you can buy everything! Stupid asshole... think again, if you think I'll fall for that bait."

Kristov raised his eyebrows, "trust me, that's far away from my mind. I don't waste my money on worthless pests like you."

"You bastard!" Jacob's anger escalated, his hands shaking as he continued to point the gun at Kristov, "do you really want to die, huh?"

"Stop it, Jacob. You don't have to act like this," I said, to divert his attention to me.

Jacob's eyes immediately met mine, pointed the gun at me, "either you come back to me, or i'll kill you," he glanced at Kristov, "and that bastard!"

"Jacob please... don't get yourself into trouble. You're very angry, and you have the right to be. But you have to learn to accept that we have to part ways. We were not the same people as we were before."

"I swear, NOTHING can separate us, Pia. Only death."

Kristov moved closer to me, shielding me, "keep Pia out of this. Let's settle this, man to man," he said, while loosening his tie.

Jacob spat on the floor, "you're so brave because you have your guards with you."

"No one will intervene," Kristov ordered everyone, then his attention was back to Jacob, "just the two of us. Put down the gun and fight me like a real man."

Jacob hesitated. Varied emotions played on his face. He obviously knew that he would not win against Kristov. Instead, he bursted.

"Stay away from this! This is between me and Pia."

"Jacob please stop. I'm NOT in love with you anymore."

His eyes darkened in rage, "you fucking gold digging bitch! You've fallen out of love with me because of Mr. Bigshot here. I thought you're different. You're just like the others, whoring for money!"

My anger skyrocketed at the insulting names he had thrown at me. Kristov looked so mad also, but before he could say anything, I had given Jacob a piece of my mind.

"For your information, I'm with Kristov, not for his looks and money, but because he's a very wonderful, loving, kind and caring man. Qualities that obviously you don't have. And yes. I learned to love him, with all my heart," I turned to Kristov, his eyes instantly lit up, holding mine.

Like a slow motion movie, Jacob shouted in an angry outburst.

"Fuck you both!"

Then I heard the fire of the gun, and everybody shouted.

I fell on the ground, together with Kristov. His arms were around me, protecting me from the fall, by landing himself on the ground first.

I closed my eyes, feeling relieved and safe from the comfort of Kristov's embrace.

"Are you okay?" Kristov asked, and I nodded.

"Thank God," he sighed, and gave me a smile. Behind his shoulder, I saw the guards got hold of Jacob and took the gun away from him.

I touched Kristov's face, then my eyes widened when I saw the blood that marked his cheeks, coming from my hand.

"Kristov..." I freaked out, when I realized that he was shot, "help! Help!" Terror overwhelmed me as I looked at his very pale face, his eyes drooping, and his shirt was drenched in blood,

"Kristov... stay with me."

"Pia..." he took a deep breath, gathering the last bits of his strength, "I love you..." his last words before he passed out.