Four - "The Master has arrived."

Chapter Four

Pia's POV

I met Calliope downstairs. She was seated on one of the padded chairs, holding a brown envelope.

"You have to sign this first," she said, and gave me the envelope, "it's a contract emailed by the Master's executive secretary."

I scrutinized the contract carefully, read what was stated, then signed it. Stipulated were my duties and responsibilities, which Calliope already enumerated earlier, and the length of my employment, two months, which I should abide strictly.

"Now that I'm officially hired, maybe you can tell me why Mr. Stavrakos prefers middle-aged maids?" when she hesitated, I reminded her of my duties, "I should know as the overseer, so any mistakes won't be repeated. How can I serve him better if I don't understand his concern."

"Okay fine, I'll tell you," she twisted her lips with a long sigh, "it happened two years ago. A young woman was hired as a maid, she was about your age."

"What happened to her?"

"At first, she was very efficient. Hard working. She did her job very well as a cleaner. But later on, she started to have this obsession with Mr. Stavrakos. She kept on stalking him and sneaking behind his back. One day, he arrived from work and found her on his bed, totally naked."

"Oh my God, that surely shook him."

She nodded, "he was so mad. During the investigation, the head security, Jack, found Mr. Stavrakos' personal things in her closet. Shirt, underwear, ties, pens and others. There was a picture of him under her pillow, and cut outs of his photos from the magazines, posted inside her closet. So, from that moment on, he hires only middle-aged maids. But no issue with the men staff."

"Well, that's understandable. The experience surely traumatized him."

"Of course, that's why he doesn't want to repeat that incident."

"I pity the girl. There are just some girls who prefer older men."

Her eyebrows frowned in disagreement, "The Master is not old!"

Oh. Suddenly I felt very inconsiderate. The last thing I wanted was to argue with her. I should understand that for her age, he is still young. She's in her fifties, and Mr. Pablo Stavrakos could be in his mid sixties.

"Of course, he's not," I smiled at her, then she continued talking about things that I should keep in mind.

"You're the only one who can enter the Master's bedroom. You clean his room and the bathroom everyday, make sure that the personal products are not empty, his wardrobe should be neat and in order... blah...blah... blah," finally she stopped, then asked, "any questions?"

"Where is he now?"

"He's in Texas. He's been gone for two months already," she shrugged her shoulders, "it happens most of the time, when he's super busy with a project. He probably won't be back while you're here."

"I really hope so. Since I'm in disguise."

"That's what I considered also when I hired you. He wouldn't find out because he's not here," she took the contract from me and put it back in the envelope, "anyways, you will know if he arrives. You'll hear a helicopter at midnight."

"I see. I'll keep that in mind."

"Come, let's go to the dining area, it's time for lunch. I know you're anticipating the buffet. You'll meet the staff there.

My heart fluttered with excitement at the prospect of eating a buffet. My stomach gurgled, I suddenly became hungry.

___