Forty Two - "We're so over."

Chapter Forty Two

Pia's POV

Jacob was not easy to get rid of.

Last Saturday, he would not leave the house unless he got what he wanted - to get me back to him.

"You can't fall out of love that easily, Pia. What we had was so special. We promised to love and cherish each other, no matter what. You were in your right mind... you can't easily forget that and throw everything in a trash bin..."

"Well, I just did. Those promises are broken because I realize, what an asshole you are," my lips curled in distaste, "I have enough of you, Jacob, you can't wrap me around your finger anymore. Go back to Angela, you two are suited for each other."

"You can call me whatever you like, I'll take it," tears fell on his cheeks, "I broke up with Angela."

"You don't have to tell me, it's none of my business."

"I know you don't want to hear this, but she's a fucking lying bitch who cheated on me before. I took her to Florida thinking that she was the one I promised a vacation with..." he shook his head, "I just remembered this morning, that it was you."

I shrugged my shoulders, not interested in listening to him anymore. I went to the front door and opened it.

"We have nothing to say to each other anymore, Jacob. We're DONE. OVER. Please leave now."

He shook his head vigorously, "we're not over. I won't stop until you'll forgive me and take me back. I love you so much, Pia, and I'll endure whatever punishment you'll have on me."

"I said no. I already moved on," I smiled sarcastically, "you've been moving on for too long already, rediscovering yourself. So I suggest you continue doing that, and don't bother me again."

"That's so savage of you, Pia," his lips pressed tightly in anger, "Ronnie told me that he saw you with a guy at the movie theater. Is he the reason why you're falling out of love for me?"

"It's none of your business who I'm dating."

"It's my business, because you're my girlfriend!"

"NOT ANYMORE," I said coldly.

"Not until I say that we're over," his eyes grew big, warning me, "I swear, no one will have you, Pia, because you're mine."

"HA! What a nerve you've got in there," I snapped at him, "Fuck you, Jacob. Get the hell out of my house and don't ever come back! You're nothing, but a chauvinist pig. We're SO OVER. DONE. THE END, and that's FINAL!"

My parents and I were in the grocery store that morning, when Jacob started pestering me again. He was calling and texting love messages, reminding me of our good old days. I ignored them all, and eventually blocked him when they kept on coming.

"The accident really affected his brain, he's getting crazy," Mom said wickedly when I told her of Jacob's calls and messages.

"He's a liar. There's no way that his memory did not come back sooner. I've done my research. His case is not a rare condition, that leads to complications like blood clots and another coma."

"He's faking it, and his parents are tolerating him," Mom agreed.

"Exactly. They thought I was so stupid to tolerate his gross behavior, waiting for him while fucking his ex."

Mom laughed, "poor Angela. He just wants to bang her and discard her when he's done."

"Obviously. I've been observing him, analyzing his words and behavior from the beginning. There was no way that he did not remember what we had," I heaved a sigh, "I had all the clues, but I just refused to admit it."