Twenty Seven - "I'm not jealous."

Chapter Twenty Seven

Kristov's POV

"Stop the car," I ordered Jack.

The moment we entered the mansion, I saw Pia holding a leash of the white dog while talking to the guard, Garner, at the gates. My sight grew darker as I stared at them talking and laughing at each other.

"No, sir. If you interrupt them, you'll only make a fool of yourself."

"Dammit, Jack!"

"Take it easy, sir, stop pushing yourself to her too much. If you really like her, then you have to wait."

"Wait for what? Until I lose my chance with her?"

"This is not a business deal, sir. Feelings are involved. You have to be very subtle, because the more you chase her, the more she'll run away."

"It's too late for that, she's getting out of my grasp and turning to the guard," I cursed, slamming the padded seat with my fist in frustration.

"You need to be patient, sir. Don't come too strong on her."

"I won't listen to you, Jack. You don't even have enough experience with women to give advice," I muttered angrily, "stop this car now, or I'll jump out."

"Okay, fine. But take it easy, be gentle."

The moment the car stopped, I jumped out and headed to the spot where Pia and Garner were talking.

Damn. I hate the sight of her smiling, laughing and getting very comfortable with him. Her smiles should only be aimed at me!

"Miss Rosi," I said, and the two turned to me immediately, "I need to talk to you."

She looked surprised upon seeing me.

"Of course, sir," she replied, then bid goodbye to Garner.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Stavrakos," Garner greeted, then left us.

The moment we were alone, I asked right away.

"Is he the reason why you refused going out with me?"

The sudden change of her expression was quick. From very pleasant to disliked.

"I won't answer that question, Mr. Stavrakos. My personal affair is none of your business," she said firmly.

"Whatever's happening inside my estate is my business. You should know better as my overseer, that I don't tolerate my employees FLIRTING especially during working hours."

"Flirting?" her face immediately clouded with anger, "you're impossible!"

"I saw you with my own eyes, and this is not the first time that I caught you both!"

"How could you accuse me of such a thing! If that's all you want to talk to me about, then goodbye, Mr. Stavrakos."

"Why are you making things harder for me?"

"I didn't do such a thing. You were the one who made things difficult. You can't accept the fact that I refused to go out with you. And now, you saw me with Cameron, and you're jealous!"

"I'm not jealous."

"Really? Then why are you acting crazy?"

"Dammit!" I cursed aloud and the dog barked at me.

"Shh... it's okay, Snow." Pia said to the dog, then walked away from me.

Jack was right. I shouldn't have come strongly on her.

Pia's POV

"We're coming home tomorrow," Mom said on the phone, "I have enough of the sun and the beach already, and I missed my garden."

"Do you want me to fetch you and Dad? I can ask permission from my employer."

"You don't have to. We can take a cab from the airport. Anyways, we'll see you on the weekend," her voice turned excited, "I have plenty of stuff for you, mostly souvenirs. Oh, I bought you some bikinis, I hope they'll fit you..."

After we hung up the phone, I laid down on bed and stared at the ceiling. I realized it was one month already that I had been working in the Stavrakos mansion. Another month, and I would be out of here. Aunt Jodie would work here, and I would be back seeking a job.

I looked at the picture of Jacob on top of the bedside table. I could not help but think of him. Things would be different if the accident did not happen.

Jacob was my life, my everything.

It was still hard to believe that after his accident, he woke up forgetting the memories and feelings that we shared.

The doctor said that his amnesia was temporary, but it had been a year and still, he couldn't remember what we had.

I could not force myself into him because it made him feel very uncomfortable. I tried to make him remember the things that we had, but it just made him so irritated. He did not want me around him anymore, because he was fed up of my love for him. He felt suffocated.

It was very frustrating, especially that all he remembered was the love and affection that he had for his ex-girlfriend, Angela. They broke up because she cheated, but he would not believe that. For him, she was his everything.

Hanging.

That was how I felt. Waiting for him to remember me.

Plenty of questions occurred in my mind. What if his memory of us never comes back? And if ever it did, will he still feel the same way? Or he's already occupied with Angela.

It was very painful. I cried too many tears. I had a mental breakdown and was hospitalized. But no matter what I did, or what happened to me, I could not make him love me anymore.

I was torn between moving on, or clinging to hope.

___

Two days later, I went with Sammy to the Asian supermarket. It was already late in the afternoon when we arrived.

"The master is already here. He's in the living room with his two guests," Tess informed me.

"Are the guests staying for dinner?"

"I really don't know. Hector said that they arrived unexpectedly," Jean answered, "I'll go and ask him if he knows."

Jean came back right away, then said to me, "the master asked for you."

"Do I have to bring some drinks?"

"No, just you."

I went to the living room, and saw the master seated alone on a huge couch. Across him were his two guests, a man and a woman. I could not see their faces, they were turned against me.

"Here she is," the master said the moment he saw me.

The guests turned. It was Mom and Dad.