Twenty Three - "I'm so dead meat."

Chapter Twenty Three

Kristov's POV

"Good evening, sir. Can I help you?"

The middle-aged woman who opened the door at the women's servant's hall greeted me. I recognized her as the kitchen maid, who also served my meals. It made me wonder, why she was not helping Mrs. Deary in the kitchen.

"Yes, I'm here to fetch Miss Rosi," I informed her, but she seemed confused.

"Miss Rosi is already in the mansion, sir. She's joining you and your guests for dinner."

"I know. I'm referring to her niece," I clarified.

Her eyes grew big, then she smiled widely, "of course. Yes, yes... I'll go and tell her that you're waiting, sir."

"There's no need for that, Tess, I'm here."

My heart skipped a beat when I heard the soft feminine voice. I turned around and there I saw her, Pia Rosi, looking lovelier than I remembered, as she descended the stairs slowly.

I could not stop staring at her, I didn't even want to blink, afraid that she would disappear from my sight.

She looked so stunning, elegant and scorching hot in her open-shoulder black mini dress. The dress emphasized the creamy expanse of her shoulders and the perfect curves of her body. Her rich, chestnut brown hair flowed like satin, in irresistible soft waves, framing her beautiful oval face. I could stand where I was forever and just stare at her.

"Good evening, Mr. Stavrakos," she greeted me, with hard stony eyes.

I felt my chest drop to the floor.

She's not happy, I can tell it loud and clear from her expression. And she's back calling me Mr. Stavrakos again.

The kitchen maid excused herself and left, leaving me and Pia alone.

"Hello, Pia. You look beautiful as always."

"Cliche," she twisted her lips nastily, and walked closer to me, "I'm sure you say that to all your conquests."

Dammit. She's so feisty, I'm not ready for this.

"I apologize if you feel that way. I just want to see you."

"How dare you use the Parks," her tone was calm but her eyes blazed in anger, "you're such a shameless, ruthless, savage beast. You're just like a typical rich boy who uses influence and power to get what he wants."

Ouch!

"Okay, I deserve that. I understand your anger..."

"I said no. N.O. What is in the word NO that you don't understand?" her contempt shocked me into silence, "Or your ego is so huge, you can't take a rejection."

"I don't give up easily, I persevere."

"Nope. You persist. You insist!" she poked my chest, then clasped her arms together, "can't you just leave me alone? Why are you doing this?"

"You know the answer, Pia. Or do you want me to tell you in detail my reasons?" I held her eyes, daring her to accept the challenge.

"I'm not interested to know," she lifted her chin, "I hate you for making me come here. You can't lure me with your caviar, king crabs, honey roast duck and drink your finest vintage wine."

Interesting. She knew the menu.

"I'm sure you're hungry now, after you exerted too much energy in anger. We can continue our interesting discussion after dinner," I raised my eyebrows, and she rolled her eyes, looking away from me, "come on, I'm sure the guests are already hungry. We can't keep them waiting."