Never Your Family

I'm finally back!! Apologies for the absence. I've been really busy with life and honestly didn't even realize it's now June till about a week ago. Many of y'all have probably been waiting for this chapter for a while now. I'm happy to give you the next chapter for your joy of reading this story. I do have an edited version that I do wanna try and put together over the next couple of days but, I do wanna give this to you as well as many are wanting to read

___________________________________

"Baby..?"

A voice said quietly, almost impossible to hear. I wanted to look over. To see the look he'd have on his face, not having any courage to do so. Thinking back on it, was everything he said over time true?

I felt like a dog's bone that just got thrown away after it's last use. Now, I was waiting. Hoping for the next time I'd be used.

Hearing the bed frame creak confused, I looked over to see the werewolf sitting down. He was looking down at me with that same look he always gave off when something seemed troublesome. I didn't have a chance to say anything as he started speaking in a low but in a tone that wanted to cherish me, making sure I was ok.

"Did something happen today for you to come home this way? Your eyes... How long have you been crying on your own like this?"

I didn't say anything. I couldn't bring myself to take the kindness he was giving me. Why did he care so much about me? I looked away, clenching my fists together with the blanket that was inside.

"... You don't have to answer but, can I at least stay here by your side? Please let me be someone you can support on"

I clenched my teeth as I heard the words fall out of his mouth.

"Support on..? You're the whole reason why this mess happened! This stupid mating gene.. my mother's death.. everyone leaving me... It was all you and your kind. You will never be someone I will support on," I said glaring over at him. My breath felt heavy as

At that time, all I could see was what looked like horror in his eyes. Almost as if what I said was the thing that broke everything. Trying to hold back the tears that wanted to escape him, he got up leaving the room.

I got what I wanted but, why do I feel emptier than I did before?

I decided not to worry about it as my own tears dried up, new ones falling down my cheeks. They started covering them up, exactly like I was covering up everything else.

I sat up as I looked over at the door as if Caleb would just come back. Eventually, I turned away from the door. Clenching the sheets, my grip grew weak. I let it go. Not realizing my actions, I got up as I headed over towards the door. It felt as if my body was moving on its own. No matter what I might have said, it wouldn't listen to me.

Stepping out of the door as I slowly walked to the end of the hallway. I could see Caleb on the couch with Lief. Even without seeing his face, not that I needed to see it, he was hurt.

My feet started to move on their own till stopping. I ran back to his room, slamming the door behind. My back leaned against the door, slowly sliding down to the ground.

"What the hell's going on..?"

Nothing was understandable. Why was my body moving over to the mutant dog? Why do I care about how he felt? Am I gaining feelings for him.?

My knees were to my chest. I crossed my arms in my knees as my face with dried up tears hid in the gap between my legs and chest. I didn't want to admit to myself that I felt something for him.

I just... want to have a normal relationship. I want the man(human) that I love and cherish to be by my side. Go out with him. Held in his arms as we slept next to each other

Now those hope aren't going to happen. Not while he's by my side. I can't go back to my dad now either

"How am I going—"

I had started to mumble quietly to myself before hearing something that sounded somewhat like scratches on the door. I lifted my head up glancing at the door behind. Nothing could be heard tho, there was something on the other side. A light shadow of some figure could be seen.

I got up as and turned towards the door. I fixed up my hair not wanting whoever it was on the other side to see me in such a state before grabbing the doorknob and opening it up. To my surprise, it wasn't Caleb but Leif and Aiden just looking up at me.

My eyes were glued to them. What were they here for?

Leif looked over towards Aiden as what sounds like a light growl escaped his teeth. I don't understand this guy really. Either way, I suppose having a translator helps out. I don't wanna learn to speak wolf or whatever it is they call it

Aiden looked over to me. His hands were held behind his back as he started speaking, asking if they could come inside.

Looking behind myself, I wasn't really sure. Clenching my teeth, I let out a sigh as I stepped out of the way. I didn't bother to say anything. Leif sat on the floor over by the bed while Aiden sat on the mattress.

"'We need to talk" was all that Aiden said. Neither of us had needed to look over at Leif as we all knew what was going on. Was another lecture coming out onto me?

Not having the energy to reject, I just stood their with my arms crossed. Waiting for the two to start talking to get this over and done with quickly. That way I can get back to my more miserably life, trying to fix it in some way.