The Botanical Gardens

Since the day I arrived at what had seemed like a castle, Andrew, my mate, had been around me every day. My heart never seemed to calm down whenever he was near. It almost felt as if my body would stop any second now.

Andrew was laying down next to me in the backyard. It was clear he was younger than me. Maybe 8 or 9? He couldn't have been much older than that.

My eyes stared over at his beautiful smile as he stared up at the sky, soon turning to look at me. Shocked as my face had slightly gone red, I looked back up at the sky above. Did he notice me staring?

"Hey Zane? Wanna go somewhere with me tonight? I only have a few more days till I leave for school," he said in a sweet voice. By then he was laying on his stomach while his arms were crossed. He stared at me, most likely wanting an answer.

"I… um... s-sure. Where are w-we gonna go?" my voice cracked as I was speaking. That was really embarrassing having happened in front of my mate. I almost just wanted to dig a den and hide inside of it forever.

Giggling, Andrew shyly smiled at me and said “It's a surprise. You'll just have to wait till tonight to see,” his smile grew bigger as he spoke.

It seemed like he was happy to have spent his free time with him. I did enjoy it. Life has changed so much for me. I even got better clothing! It had resembled Kate's in the slightest, assuming that it most likely is because we were both wolves that worked under Sir and Madam.

The only bad thing that happened was that I had met my mate who would be leaving once summer ended. I wouldn't see him till what humans had called winter break. He'd be home for almost two weeks! My wolf was already getting excited anticipating his return.

I looked at him confused, interested in what he wanted to show me. The only problem was, what would happen if we were caught? Would they send me back to the kennels? Even with these thoughts, they brought worry to me. However, I didn't want I didn’t want to disappoint Andrew with my rejection. Despite worrying, I still nodded my head, and agreed to go with him.

He seemed to be glad I had agreed to come. Andrew was about to say something until I heard a familiar voice calling out. I looked over near the house as I saw Kate standing at the entrance. Her hair had been down as it flowed in the wind, almost as if she had been an angel. She stared at the two of us for a few minutes until she spoke again; "Young master, Sir and Madam are calling for you. They would like to discuss something."

Andrew's smile had slowly faded away as he got up. Brushing the stray pieces of grass that were stuck to his outfit, trying to look as clean as he possibly could before going to see them.

"I'll see you later Zane! Don't forget about tonight," his words had gotten quieter as he ran to his house passing by Kate. He went inside heading off to Sir and Madam.
Kate walked over to me as I got up myself. I missed Andy already as my inner wolf whimpered. Mates were what was most important to us. I brushed the grass off seeing Kate stop in front of me. I looked up as I was confused.

She looked down at me with a scowl. Her yellow-topaz eyes stared at my own, not affected at all by my whimper; "Don't get too close to the young master. He's a human, you're a wolf. Two different species that don't coexist. Keep that in mind."

Many hours had passed since what Kate had said to me about Andy. However, I didn't want to think of that. I already knew that we couldn't be together. Just being around him had been enough for me

I had been in my own shack, laying down in my bed by then. Some would probably say that there were much more comfortable things, but I was just happy with what I was given. As I had been laying down, I had thought earlier in the morning about what Andy had said. I was nervous but excited.