Only the past connects us | Chase x Sweetie

"Let me go!" The small royal terrier cried as she was carried to her pup house after an unsuccessful attempt on stealing the jewelry. She almost got them, only to be interrupted by someone.

"No Sweetie, you did a bad thing, again. You need to learn somehow." Princess said as she put her inside, locking the gate after her. "I'll let you go in the evening for a dinner." And with that, the princess left.

Leaving Sweetie alone, she started doing something no one would ever guess. She cried. She cried at what was happening to her, snuggling up with her toy.

"Busby, how could I not shoot it? I would've gone away."

"-----"

"Well, yes, I didn't want to hurt Chase."

"-----" 

"Oh come on. You were there that night."

Sweetie talked to her toy, while thinking about today. How she had only one chance to get out and escape, but she never used it. It was a plan, that involved harming the german shepherd known as Chase. Even in their rivality, Sweetie found a lot of things about him to just love. And she swore she would never hurt him, after the night.

"Good night Chase." "Good night your majesty." Chase bowed down as the princess walked out of the main hall. He could've swore he would suffer a brain damage from the dark and loneliness.

"Chase?"

He heard from behind. He thought it was someone bad, but it was Sweetie, the worst. But for him,

the best.

"What are you doing here? I wasn't aware that you are coming." "I was called, and it's my job." He replied, looking at the depressed terrier. She looked like a cotton candy somedays, when she was out of bath for example. 

"I see." "You are suspicious. You never talked to me this sweet." "And I can possibly change. You never thought of that." Sweetie replied. Chase was exposed. He really never thought she could change, yet he liked her as she was.

"Good point, you got me." "Hehe, I knew it." They both quietly giggled.

"Hey, Sweetie? Mind if you stayed here and talked with me?" "Sure, after all, I slept really long today." Sweetie said, sitting down next to Chase. She slowly wrapped her tail around his, which made him blush. Sweetie smiled but looked away.

"So, Chase, how is it with you and Skye?" Sweetie asked. Chase didn't even move, like he hasn't feelings.

"Well, hard to say, I figured out, that I have my eyes on someone else, and it's definitely not her. And you? As a royal, you must have a lot of boys coming here, asking you out." Chase asked, moving his head to face her. He saw a small tear on Sweetie's eye and her smile fadening away.

"No, you'd be wrong. In fact, you were the only other pup that would at least say hi to me. And besides, I don't even want anybody." She sighed and laid down, laying her head on her paws. "No one would want me, and love is always two-sided."

Chase knew it was true. Love is always two-sided. And that was the thing, Sweetie doesn't love him, but he does. It's only one side.

"What if..." Chase started but after a while, he gulped. "...try to be together?"

Sweetie raised her head up, now facing the german shepherd.

"Like, try to be a couple?" "Yeah, it could be fun!" Chase said, smiling. She really wanted to be with him, but still thought it was a misunderstanding.

"Chase, you mean like a real couple?" "Yes, Sweetie. We can be try to be like that for some time, and maybe you start looking for someone after that. We don't need to like tell everyone we are together." Chase finished, smiling at the terrier. But Sweetie thought about what she read. She was too scared to admit that she loves to read romance.