You shouldn't... | Chase x Sweetie

It was a lovely day in the Barkingburg castle. Although not quite. You see, a certain pup wants to become a queen of the Barkingburg, so she stole the crown. But this time, she even jammed the communications with the outer world, so that they couldn't stop her.

"Hehe Busby, we got it. And they have no chance of getting it back!" Sweetie laughed at it. She ran to a hidden room where she put the crown. "Now my precious crown, you will wait here, while I take something else." She turned around and started leaving, but she realized something. This was the room that I locked Chase in. "Why am I thinking like this? Argh." She shook her head to get the thoughts out. She ran out of the room, but she suddenly stopped. She thought about stealing anything else. Why do I even steal? It won't solve my problems. She went back to the room, took the crown, and ran to the hall. "Sweetie whe- Sweetie! Where were you?" "I just wanted the crown. Here you go, princess. I will now go to my pup's house." Sweetie placed the crown back on the pedestal and walked away to her pup's house.

Sweetie hated it there. She didn't sleep in her pup house, she had her own room like a royal pup. But now, she walked there by herself, because she knew, that she would need to be punished. "Sweetie stop." Her owner, the princess, called her. "You don't have to go in there, you just played with the crown, that's all. I don't really care." She picked up Sweetie and walked with her to the living room. "I see something is wrong. Tell me, Sweetie." Sweetie raised up her head. She doesn't talk to anyone about her feelings, but now she thought it could be better. "Lucy, do you promise to keep it secret?" Princess was shocked. Only Sweetie was allowed to use her real name, but she didn't. Only now did she know this was serious. "I promise." "You see, the first time I took the crown was to become a queen. But after that, I wanted to only meet the Paw Patrol, especially someone from them." Sweetie said to Lucy. "Chase." Sweetie's eyes widened up. "W-What?" "You like Chase?" Sweetie lowered her head. "Y-Yes." She quietly responded. "Aww, that's great! Why are you sad then?" "Don't you see that they hate me? Do you think I can even be friends with them Lucy?" Lucy picked her up and lay her down on her legs. "But you can try. Maybe they don't hate you." Sweetie got up, went to her toy Busby, and pressed on him. The toy started projecting on the wall some video. "She's one evil dog!" Chase said. "I know, but you are the only one qualified for this job. I'm really sorry Chase." Ryder went to him and patted his head. "I know that you all hate Sweetie, me too, but she's a royal pup, we must be good to her. The recording ended. "You see? So I have no chance and I'll never have." Sweetie said between sobs. "H-How old is the recording?" Lucy asked her pup. "I-I think their second mission here?" "Sweetie, that was months ago! They maybe don't hate you." Sweetie came back to Lucy. "But I will love you forever." She kissed her pup on the head. Sweetie smiled. "Thanks, Lucy."

A week later, Barkingburg castle was something else. It was the day of the thanksgiving party and everyone was helping around the castle. Even princess Lucy. But Sweetie wasn't. She was laying on her bed in her room. She looked around the room once in a time. What should I wear? Do I need a normal suit for these parties, or do I wear something that could catch Chase's sight? Argghhh, you need to get over your little crush on him Sweetie. She slapped herself. So the normal suit is it. She walked over to it, grabbed it, and went to the laundry room to get it ironed. "Sweetie! There you are!" Princess walked to her. "Come with me." Sweetie nodded and followed the princess to the hall. "I don't want to have the crown sticking here, and the lock on the vault doesn't work, could you hide it?" Sweetie looked at her shocked. "O-Of course. But why didn't you call Paw Patrol over to guard it?" "Well, they are invited to this party, so it would be rude to just let Chase guard the crown for the time. And I trust you, my sweet little Sweetie." She gave her a kiss on the head. Sweetie grabbed it with her extending arm and went to hide it. She went inside the room, where she hid the crown last time. When she was leaving, she found something sticking out of the wall. She went over to it, just to see a note. She grabbed it and read it.

"I maybe will die from being hungry or thirsty. I didn't know that Sweetie could lock someone up. But she did, me, a sergeant police dog. I was going to tell her that I love her, but now I think she can't be loved. She just wants the crown. -Chase"

So Chase loved me? Sweetie's thoughts disappeared when she hear Air Patroller landing in front of the castle. She quickly hid the note inside her pack, locked the box with the crown, and ran to her room.

Meanwhile, the Paw Patrol was getting ready for the party. Everyone had their gifts ready to who will they give to. Like Marshall giving to Everest and vice versa, Skye giving to the princess, Rocky giving to Earl, Rubble and Zuma to the royal cats, but no one knew, for who was Chase's gift. They thought it would be for Skye. They walked out of the Air Patroller dressed up for the party. "Hello, Ryder and pups! Happy Thanksgiving!" She hugged Ryder. "Happy Thanksgiving to you too princess." They all went inside and the party began. They exchanged their gifts. But Chase didn't. He was looking for something, or rather someone. He couldn't find it anywhere. So she ran to the princess. Maybe she will know. Chase thought. "Hey princess, do you know where Sweetie is?" Princess looked at him, already slightly drunk. "Yeah, I think she's upstairs *gulp* in her room." Chase nodded and upstairs. She found a door labeled 'Sweetie' so he knocked. No answer. He slowly opened the door. There was no one in the room. There were just plans for some inventions, some bag of treats, but Sweetie wasn't there. He then saw the opened window. He walked to it and he saw her. Sweetie, in a beautiful purple dress with white stripes and glitter. "I thought you left the castle." Sweetie jumped when she heard Chase. "Oh, I'm sorry that I surprised you." "O-Oh, I-It's okay," Sweetie said, still shocked. "Why aren't you down partying?" Chase asked her. "What should I do there? Just sit or eat? No thanks, better doing that alone here." She said and looked at the treats between them. "No, you can talk with people, have some laughs, maybe even dance!" Chase knew that Sweetie loved to dance. She was dancing once when he was guarding the crown. "And talk to who? Princess? She's maybe already drunk, so no." "And what about us? You are now talking to me." Sweetie finally raised her head and looked at Chase. "You are talking to me. If I go down there, no one would want to talk to me." Chase moved closer to her. "But why? Just tell me, I'll try to fix it." "You see, everyone hates. And I mean everyone, other than a princess." Chase looked at her. "But I don't hate you," Chase told her. Sweetie looked again at Chase. "I actually kinda like you." She moved away from him and got back inside the room. "No you don't, you are just doing this to not have problems with the princess." "No, no, no, I mean it, I don't hate you." Chase jumped inside too. "Well, okay. You think I am lying. I get it. But please, accept this gift from me." He moved the box to her. "F-For m-me?" Sweetie was surprised. "Yes, for you. I needed to keep it secret because they would give me essays about why do I give you a gift." Sweetie smiled at him. "Thanks." And she opened it. Inside was a small necklace with some purple and pink crystals in it. "I hand-made the necklace and the crystals are rare minerals. I know that you own many diamonds and crystals, but at least it's something." Chase said. Sweetie started crying. "I really appreciate this Chase." She moved to him and hugged him. Chase was shocked to feel her hugging him, but he hugged her back. 

She then remembered something. She had a gift for him too. "Wait here, and close your eyes." He nodded and closed his eyes. She grabbed the gift from her cupboard. She laid it in front of Chase and she licked his cheek. "Just as thanks for the gift." He opened his eyes. "Wow, thanks! You shouldn't need to." "No worries. You are welcome, Chase." He opened the box and there was a new collar, with his favorite colors and his stars to represent his sergeant status. "It also has one special feature, but you will need to learn it by yourself," Sweetie told him. There also was a note.

Chase, thanks for being here and changing my life. I just want to tell you that..."

"...I love you, Chase." She finally confessed to him. She was waiting for rejection when she felt Chase's paws touching her. "I love you too Sweetie." And he kissed her. She melted into it. She was like in heaven. They broke the kiss. "Sweetie, will you be my girlfriend?" Chase asked Sweetie. "I would love to." Sweetie answered him. They both smiled. Sweetie put down his collar and replaced it with the new one. They went down to the party, but now as a couple. The couple that was meant be together.

Written : 14.3.2022
Published : 16.3.2022