Alone in the cold | Marshall x Everest

Alone.

That was how would Everest describe her current feelings. She was at the cabin, alone. Her owner, Jake, went to the town to grab some food. She knew that it would take long, so she was just snuggled up in her blanket. She saw that the fire in the fireplace was getting weaker. She tried to get up. but soon as she laid her paw on the floor, she yelped in pain. She badly hurt her front paw due to a rescue, when she was saving Alex when a rock fell on her paw. She knew that she needed to go outside to get wood. She again yelped in pain but tried to fight with it. Just as she was coming to the door, she heard knocking. Weird, Jake would never knock. She made her way slowly to the door and opened it. 

There stood Marshall, with a scarf, hat, jumper, and socks on him. Everest was shocked to see that he came before Jake and that he even came in the first place.

"Marshall? What are you doing here?" Everest asked him. She moved away, trying to resist the pain. Marshall got inside.

"I came to see you." He hugged Everest. She was really happy to have a friend that cares for her.

"Aww, that's sweet! I can go make some hot tea that you like!" Everest said, happily. 

"Alright! I'm gonna go grab some more wood because I see that you are running out of it here." He looked at the fireplace. Everest nodded and Marshall ran outside. This gave Everest chance to limp without Marshall seeing her. She didn't want Marshall to worry for her because he can get quite caring and especially for her.

After she made the tea and hot chocolate, she made her way back to the couch she was on. She grabbed another blanket for Marshall to have. As she lay down, she saw Marshall open the door and pushed the logs inside.

"Woah, you chopped it all?" Everest asked, looking at what Marshall brought inside. He proudly nodded. He put a few of them in the fire.

"Come lay down," Everest said, patting the place next to her. Marshall took down his things and jumped on the couch. He snuggled himself in the blanket.

"Here." Everest pushed the plate with the tea. Marshall took a sip of it.

"So, any other particular reason that you are here?" Everest asked. Marshall looked away nervously.

"I, um, the pups were watching a movie that I don't like, and so I thought, that I wouldn't just lay down alone, so I came here, to hang out with my friend." Marshall lied. The pups forced him to go see Everest because it was the last time she would see her for some time. He wasn't a very good liar. In fact, even if he should lie, he can't. But everyone still likes him, especially one pup.

"Mhm. And do you want to play something? Or watch something?" Everest asked him. Even though they have very different positions in their work, they still have a lot in common. For example, they could both watch the same boring that nobody likes, but they do. Or do some kind of ridiculous game and play it just by themselves.

"We can watch something," Marshall said. Everest got up but forgot about her limping as she went to get the pack with DVDs.

"Eve, are you alright?" He asked her as he saw her limping. She was worried for her. What if she broke something? What if it's cancer? 

"Oh, um, well, I kinda hurt my leg on a mission." Everest finally dropped the cover. Marshall got up and walked to her. 

"You can't walk with maybe a broken leg." He said and did something she didn't expect. He lifted her up and walked with her to the couch. He placed her on the blanket and jumped up.

"Can I?" He asked, moving to her paw. She nodded and he grabbed her paw. He was a great doctor she must say. Even without any gear, he knew what is wrong.