chapter 9

Rime's pov

Oh. I guess Y/n got bored.

I tried my best not to worry. I sat myself back at the table and once again I stared at the candle as it became ever shorter.

Wax dripping from hot candle my patience began to run thin. I jolted out my seat seeing as the candle wasn't enough of a distraction I reached for a vinyl and spun it.
Music filled the room and I began to think of the round eared human, Y/n.
I wish Y/n were here to enjoy this tune with me. I thought leaning back in the couch, again, staring at the melting candle across the room.

A few hours and a bit had passed and I became concerned.

_-_-_-_-_-_______-----_-_-_-____---------_-_-----_____-_-_

At this point I had been peeping through the window for 20 minutes until I saw Y/n. I waited, not wanting to seem obsessed. But Y/n got to the door and I ran.

"You look excited-" Y/n remarks. But I didn't give them a second more before I cuddled Y/n up to my body in a tight embrace.

"Don't you ever just leave me like that." I whispered in their ear as I felt a shiver run down their spine.

We both separated after a bit and took our seats at the table again.

"Y/n-"

"May I have this dance, Rime?" Y/n clasped their hand over mine taking me by surprise.

I figure I'll be leading but they asked just to say that they asked first. Typical.

I stood up and after so did Y/n, they followed my every move.

(I'M SWITCHING POVS)

Y/n's pov

I followed Rime to the floor trying my best to mimic every move he made.

He took me by the waist and I grabbed hold of his neck. We stepped back and fourth, for once our eyes were making contact, infact I couldn't get mine off his.

What is this? What are we? Are we anything? Do we need to be anything? No. We are two bodies and two hearts, this doesn't need a tittle. I confirmed in my head while he spun me around and brought me back to his arms.

His piercing gaze met mine again, he slowly moved me closer and our eyes eased at the sight of the other's. There wasn't much distance between us.

Right on cue I spun him away.

(Hahahahaha get recked)

I brought him back and we stalled, dancing around the room like how we had been until he took the lead once more dipping me down low.

I giggled as my breath hit his neck. And for the last time our eyes met as he adjusted his hand to my arched lower back and came in quick with a passionate kiss.

It was slow but a lot less forced than the last.

Still in the kiss Rime brought one of his hands up to the back of my head In attempt to deepen the kiss but in between the movement he had lost his balance and we fell.

"Oof" I breathed out hissing in pain rubbing the back of my neck.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Yup, I'm leaving it at that. Too many words for my bird brain.
545 words
-Will