Chapter 49: Telltale Blush

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹{Chapter 49}›››››››

{Recap}

"Right," Mitch presses his lips on my temple, "But we better find a star," he laughs in a hushed tone.

            "That isn't funny Mitch," I smack his arm.

            "But if it something like that did," Mitch turns serious, "You wouldn't give up on me...?"

            "Never," I say vehemently, "Now can we stop talking about this...I don't like it."

            "I know a way we don't have to talk at all," Mitch gives me a kissy face.

            "You are so childish," I roll my eyes and laugh.

            "Joey's rubbing off on me," Mitch chuckles as he buries his head in my hair.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

            "I think that's the last one," I whisper as I gently kiss the head of a sleeping child and tiptoe out of the room that they are housed in.

            "They look so cute," Julie gushes in a hushed tone as she follows me out.

            "Woah hold on guys," Mitch laughs quietly as we near the door and walks in, "I found a sleepwalker," he shifts a sleeping boy in his arms.

            "Aw," I coo as I guide Mitch into the room, "There's one last bed back there," I gesture to the end of the room.

            "Righto," Mitch nods as he walks through the maze of beds to reach the opposite end of the room.

            "You have to tiptoe Mitch," I whisper after him, "The floor is kind of creaky."

            "I got it Kate," Mitch turns around and smiles at me, his eyes brim with amusement, "Now move your sexy ass to bed."

            "Mitch," I hiss as my face reddens, "I can't believe you! In front of the children, and your language!" Julie behind me stifles a snort of laughter and runs down the hall, probably to laugh outside.

            "Tiger," Mitch calls as I spin around and exit the room, "C'mon it was a compliment." I ignore him as my face flushes a deeper red at the memory of Julie hearing him say that. Sexy ass, does that mean he was looking at it?

            "Night Helda," I give her my widest grin as I pass her, "Our bedrooms are this way...right?"

            "Yes," she chuckles as she douses the fire, "Just go straight and take your first left."

            "Thank you," I wrap my arms around myself as I make my way across the courtyard and walk into a maze of huts sturdily built onto the hill. First left should be-.

            "Kate," a hand wraps around my arm and turns me around, "You aren't wound up about that are you?"

            "Leave me and my sexy ass alone," I scowl at him as I rip my arm away. Mitch bursts into laughter at my statement, but quickly tries to compose himself as he moves in front of me.

            "Did I offend you," he tilts his head and crosses his arms.

            "No," I reply sarcastically and try to move past him, "I'm not offended at all by your derogatory statement."