Chapter 2: To Use A Parachute

++++++++++

Chapter 2

++++++++++

            I fume quietly my seat, turning up my volume for the third time in ten minutes. Who knew that Mitch O'Connor could be so annoying? And I bet the safety of this flight that it's not even his real name. Straightening up as a young flight attendant sashays by, I raise my hand to desperately inquire if she's sure there are no other seats on the plane. She ignores me though, only focused on Mitch as she tosses a flirty smile. I roll my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose. When I get to Korea, United Airlines is going to receive a hefty complaint. The only person that seems to notice my frustration is the person causing it. Mitch chuckles as he watches my nose curl in mounting irritation.

            "Tired of sitting here yet?" He smirks while glancing at his tablet.

            A silent groan escapes my lips. "I'm about ready to kill myself."

            "Do it soon please."

            "Can I have a red Gatorade," I ask another passing flight attendant. She nods obligingly and heads off to obtain one. Finally satisfied, I cross my lanky arms and grin at the airplane TV screen.

            "A Gatorade," Mitch snorts, turning his head in my direction. "You're sitting in first class and you want a Gatorade?"

            "Yes," I reply deviously. "Because the red juice leaves an awful stain on white." I give his starch white and expensive looking shirt a meaningful look. He lags behind about three seconds on the dramatic reaction, narrowing his eyes and protectively covering the shirt. Such an actor.

            "I'll sue."

            "Here," grinning, I reach for my wallet. Grabbing the five dollars I haven't spent yet, I toss them into his lap. "I've only got five bucks." Mitch narrows his eyes and slaps the one dollar bills out of his lap and onto the floor. Mockingly clucking my tongue, I reach down to retrieve the money. The clicking of heels alerts us that the flight attendant is coming, I lift my head and give Mitch a vicious smile.

            "Here's your Gatorade," the flight attendant smiles. I frown as she places a blue bottle in m outstretched hand. "I'm sorry miss but we only have blue left."

            "Aw man," I pout. "I was just about to have some juicy revenge." My lips form a smile and I give myself a congratulatory pat on my back for the pun I made. "Do you get it...juicy?" I glance at Mitch.

            He ignores me.

            "Thank you so much for running out of red," Mitch beams at the woman. Her face quickly turns redder than a tomato. I roll my eyes again, greatly disappointed in my sex. How do they find Hell'Connor attractive? I peek at the potato next to me, disgust replacing a smile. Mitch, unfortunately, takes notice of my discomfort and decides to make it even worse.

            "What's your name," he asks while leaning over me. I get a good whiff of his cologne by accident. Squelching my body as far back as I can in the chair I try to distance myself from the stomach churning flirting and the noxious scent.

            "E-Emily," she stutters. Her small hand tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

            I cough, "Don't you have a job to do?"

            "Beautiful." Mitch flashes a signature half grin and I swear the woman swoons. Get ahold of yourself woman and go help someone else! In the corner of my eye I can see a man boring his eyes into her back.