Chapter 23 - Broken Bond

Marin's POV

Marinette and Damian haven't been speaking for over a week now and I'm kinda worried. As displeased I am at their relationship, she was happy, they both were. So why are they distancing themselves from each other? Did they have a disagreement or maybe an argument? I was on my way to my study when I saw Damian sitting on the window sill.

Marin: Hey.

Damian: What do you want?

Marin: Wow such a sour mood you are.

Damian: If you just came here to annoy me, you are successful in doing so. Now leave.

Marin: Ok, but before I do. I just felt the need to tell you that your dear 'darling' fainted out in the gardens.

And as soon as I said that, he was off. Of course, she wasn't unconscious but she was lying outside on the grass. Worth a shot right? "That was a pretty selfless deed you did there." I turned around to see Jason. Nowadays, he seems to be everywhere I am.

Marin: I just want my sister to be happy.

Jason: Sure...

Marin: What do you mean?

Jason: The fact that you just want her to be happy... or maybe... If they get married... *whispers* then there'll be no hope for us.

Marin: W-What..- How could you come to that conclusion?

Jason: I'm right aren't I?

Marin: Well in any case you're adopted, not blood so..-

Jason: Aww, are you blushing, Marin? *grins*

Marin: Oh, Shut up.

He chuckled while I pouted in annoyance. First the young lovebirds, now this idiot. "Well, I'm off. Later." And with that he gently slapped my a** walking away down the corridor. "That son of a b*tch..."
~~~~~~~~~~

Damian's POV

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping at every step. I was almost to the back door when I stopped and thought to myself. Wait a minute, why would he tell me that his sister fainted, if he puts her first? That little..! I opened the door and went out into the gardens to hear Marinette singing.

I can hold my breath,
I can bite my tongue,
I can stay away for days if that's what you want,
Be your number 1...

She immediately stopped when she saw me. She got up and was about to leave when I gently held her hand. "Marinette, we need to talk." She stopped, but looked away. "I'm sorry for the things I said before, but I meant every word. You can't trust my mother nor do you have to do that potion." Her body began to twitch. I tugged her closer to me to see that she had tears in her eyes.

Damian: I'm sorry Marinette, but I can't let you undo this spell.

Marinette: For me it feels as though this relationship is forced.

Damian: What do you mean?

Marinette: If the bond is broken, then maybe... I can determine whether or not I like you..and whether or not your feelings are true as well.

Damian: Maybe I should've told you this before but I love you..since the beginning. I've never been in a situation like this before, where someone was actually allowed to see..me. As you know, I'm an assassin and assassins can't have earthly attachments as they are weaknesses. But what I feel for you, surpasses all of that. And you can feel in my heart that what I'm saying is the truth.

Marinette's POV

He brought my hand up to his chest and placed it there. I could feel his heart beating really fast and I could feel, hear his thoughts. The truth is...I don't think that I have sincere feelings about him. I mean...he's cute, handsome, smart, kind, caring, strong..- B-But What am I to him?

Marinette: O-Ok, then how about this. We remove the bond and then I feel more confident about both our feelings.

I glanced at Damian and before I could react, he kissed my cheek. "I'll take this as a challenge. If I can make you kiss me by the end of the month, then I get to propose and marry you. Is that a deal, Angel?" I felt my cheeks heat up and turn red as I blushed at that silly nickname. "1 month." I debated. He chuckled, "However long you want, Angel."

I pouted, "What's with that nickname? Fine, and can I have my hand back?" He removed by hand from his chest and kissed it. "I'll allow it. But it won't be that hard to capture your heart again, Marinette. It's a deal. *grins*"
~~~~~~~~~~

Luka's POV

I Totally Missed My Chance To Ask Kagami To Marry MEEEE!!!! *groans* Stupid Stupid... "Stop hitting yourself, Viper." I swiftly jumped to my feet but immediately sighed as I saw it was Marinette. "Don't scare me like that.." She shrugged with a grin but soon her face fell serious. "So, what's wrong with you?" I exhaled, sitting back down, Marinette taking a seat next to me.

Luka: I missed my chance.

Marinette: You'll have plenty more, don't worry yourself.

Luka: Yeah, but I missed the most perfect chance to do so.

Marinette: Luka just stop worrying, okay. First of all, there's no need to worry, second of all, she'll most definitely say yes.

Luka: But what if she doesn't..-

Marinette: She will.

Marinette really has matured since the first time we met. Long story short she was really insecure. It was during one of her parents' parties we met. I snuck her out and we got ice cream, went to the amusement park, plus visited the Eiffel Tower. Of course, we got in trouble but she had fun, we both did. I chuckled with a smile.

"Thanks Nettie." She blinked twice then smiled, playfully punching my shoulder, "Anything Viper. As clear as a musical note..." She held out her hand in a fist. I smiled, "As sincere as a melody." I met my fist with hers as we both laughed. She then got up and headed towards the stairs. "That's one less happy face, now I just gotta deal with mine."

She left going up the stairs after picking up a next test tube, the door closing. I sighed looking at the ring in the box. No need to worry, huh?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette's POV

After getting both Damian and my tears, we were finally able to conduct the experiment, aka, the drinking of the potions. How I obtained the tears of joy, it wasn't easy but we did it. Dick, Jason and Tim helped. All that was left...was to drink it. Damian and I stared at each other then nodded.

Marinette: 1...

Damian: 2...

Marinette/Damian: 3.