Chapter 13 - I Want

Marinette's POV

What do...I want..? I looked down at the book then at the kwamis and the box. I stared back down at the book looking at the heroine in red and spotted black. Can this really be me..- Do I want to be her?

Damian: I'm not trying to force you to make a decision, Marinette. I just want you to do something that you would find pleasing. You don't have to take the book, you don't have to take the box, you don't have to be that person because you aren't that person. You are you, Marinette. These are just pictures of ink showing what the writer perceived them to be, his perspective. What's your perspective?

I looked up at him. It's the first time..he's ever spoken to me like this. And the bond is making it all the more overwhelming. It's like I can feel what he feels and he can do the same with me. "I'll respect whatever decision you make. Take your time." He released my hands and placed his in his pant pockets returning to his family's side.

I looked at Tikki who looked at me with all seriousness. "Damian's right, Marinette. I may not remember who they are but they are your predecessors. And you, their successor is not meant to be like them, but to learn from them. Everything in this grimoire is for your knowledge. Take something away from their mistakes and make your own path with them."

I thought to myself for a few seconds then looked up. "Bruce, grab that box, we're leaving. I have some work to do. Boys, come with me, the rest of you wait outside." Everyone nodded as Bruce picked up the box along with all the kwamis. The boys followed Marinette back over towards the bookshelf. Marinette checked the shelves once more and found an unusually peculiar book. She pulled it down and the shelves slid to the left revealing a passageway. She walked down the stairs and found herself in a lab. We found shelves with jars of ingredients, herbs and plants including animal body parts. There were also test tubes of different sizes and a stove. "Grab as much as you can." They scrambled around the room picking up as many items as they could.

Marinette searched the room and found a few papers that had writing on them. Potions and different powers gained from mixing and making potions using the ingredients in this room. She grabbed all of which she could and took her and the boys out.

Marinette: Now it's time to burn this place to the ground.

Jason: Wait, what?

Tim: Why? There could be more valuable..- useful things in there.

Marinette: ... I felt as though someone was following us and watching us from a distance. We cannot leave any traces behind. You guys either trust me, or you're against me.

Dick: Blueberry, we just wanted to know why. We're with you.

Damian: Can I light it on fire?

Marinette: With what may I ask?

Damian: Very good question but I can ask you the same.

Marinette: Watch and learn. Longg.

I called Longg and he came forward. I never mastered his fire dragon before but it's time I did. I aimed my arm out at the building and took a deep breath, "Fire Dragon!" A flame lit in front of me and Longg blew on it facing the building. Within seconds, the building was engulfed in red. "Let's get these things back home, I'll return to put out the flames."

I looked at Kaalki and spoke, "Voyage!" A blue portal opened and we all went in and came out the other side. We were currently down in my studio. Luka and Kagami jumped up and ran towards us.

Kagami: Aww man, you went on a mission and didn't invite me?

Marinette: Sorry, last minute decision. I need to hurry back to the other side. Take these and secure them.

Luka: Wait, where are you going?

Marinette: To put out a fire.

I dropped the papers on the table and jumped back through with Longg, the portal closing. I aimed my arm above the building of flames and called, "Water Dragon!" A bubble of water manifested itself over the workshop and soon began to grow bigger and bigger until it was the size of the entire building. I released my hold on it and it fell upon the building, splashing everywhere.

I turned around in the direction of the mansion. "Wind Dragon!" And just like that, Longg and I were on our way home. And for the first time, I felt... Alive.
~~~~~~~~~~

Luka's POV

I saw Marinette walking down the stairs that led up to her room with a floating cookie right next to her. The kwamis had removed our sight after Mari had woken up. That's when I felt a tap on my forehead and saw Sass in front of me. I turned to see Long who held a cookie in his hands tap Kagami's forehead.

Dick: That was quick, blueberry.

Marinette: Doesn't take that long to take out a fire plus get home. Anywho, Let's get to work..-

But then her parents broadcasted an announcement throughout the entire mansion. It was her father.

"Marinette, come to my office immediately!"

Marinette rolled her eyes walking over to her stairs. "I'll be right back. Kwamis, help them get everything set up. This won't take long...hopefully.." She left as we heard her door slide shut.

Jason: I wonder what that's all about.

Tim: Nothing good is my guess.

Kagami: Mari..has had some troubling times. She's rarely ever called to his office unless it's very important as in life or death or... For another marriage proposal as of late.

Luka: That guess seems about right. But who could daddy dearest possibly pisk this time? There aren't that many guys around her age near Paris anyways so who could it be?

Dick: Luka, what about you?

Kagami and the kwamis bursted out into laughter while I just stared at him. What? "Woah, Mari and I are just friends. We've only known each other for what, 2 years. In fact I'm actually dating her *points at Kagami*. Mari actually hooked us up." His face turned bright pink. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." "Haha, It's fine man."

I chuckled and I turned to all the papers Mari dropped on the table. I looked at the writing and couldn't understand a thing. What the hell is this Gibberish? Kagami took it from me and looked at it. "Kwamis, you could read this right?" They all nodded and helped label some of the things they brought back. But what I'm more worried about is Marinette.
~~~~~~~~~~