Soul's Sweetest Nightmare

Soul Dreaming

"Hey, Soul. Are you awake? We are going to be late." Maka said while lightly shaking Soul's shoulder and whispering into his ear. She leaned in her head to where they were inches apart from each other.

Soul wakes up hearing Maka's soft, sweet, angelic voice in his ear. When he opens his eyes, he sees Maka just two inches from his face. He can't help but blush a little. Man, she is so beautiful in the morning.

Maka closes her eyes and slowly moves forwards to where their lips have finally touched once again. Their soft kisses have turned into passionate ones. For what seemed like a minute seemed like forever. Like time had just stopped just for them. He knew that he actually died and went to heaven, because Maka was his guardian angel from above.

Once they have finally stopped kissing. Maka said, "Come on. We are going to be late for our wedding. Now I'm going to go make breakfast for both of us. Ok. Now, I will see you in ten minutes." She said while getting up out of bed. She walked out and gave Soul a wink and then went out of the room to go cook some breakfast.

"Ya, that's good Mak... Wait, What?!" He said with big wide eyes. What did she just say? Did she just say that our wedding is today? I guess that Akuma thing was just a nightmare. Good. He thought while getting out of bed and started to go to the kitchen.

He can smell something very sweet and good coming from the kitchen. He then sat down on the table and watched his soon-to-be-wife cook whatever it is for him. "So, what's for breakfast, sweetie? It smells good." Soul said while shifting his seat, grabbing a fork and playing with it from the table that was already set for them.

"We are having waffles and syrup with honey tea, Honey. I hope you enjoy it because this is just for you." She said with a big smile on her face and then she set Soul's food down for him to eat.

"When are we having our wedding today? And what day is it?" He asked while drinking some tea. He was so happy that they were actually having a wedding. He couldn't stop smiling a stupid smile. This is his heaven. I hope that this heaven of mine will never end.

"Our wedding is at 2:30 and today is July 7th. Why do you ask?" She asked while picking up a misplaced book and putting it back in its place.

"What?! What happened to September 23th? What happened yesterday then?" he asked, very surprised that so much time has skipped.

"Yesterday, we were getting you a tux I believe because your old one is got really dirty and worn out. Don't you remember?" she asked getting really confused that Soul doesn't remember what they did the day before.

"No. I don't remember anything. The last thing I remember is that we fought the Kishin, he escaped, we told Kid what happened during that fight, and then I confessed my love for you. Or at least that's what I think that is what had happened." He said while trying to remember what had happened.

"Really. I don't remember the Kishin thing happening at all. Not in my lifetime anyway. You were probably knocked on the head yesterday at some time." She said while putting the dishes away.

"Well, I can't wait to get married with the one man that I love. You, Soul, are the only person that will matter to me. No one will even compare to you. No one else matters anymore. You are my only reason for loving, Soul. I love you only." She said while wrapping her arms around Soul's neck from behind, and kissed his lips slightly.

"Wait. What about your father? And our friends? And, most important, your mother? Wasn't she your mother your inspiration for you becoming a meister? Ya, I'm happy that you think that I'm that important to you, but shouldn't you think that your mother, father, and friends should be important too." He said while turning to see Maka with a confused face. "And, what do you mean you don't remember the new Kishin? We were assigned to defeat him by Kid himself." He said while standing up and tries to look at her face to see if she can actually remember anything.

"They don't matter anymore. You are the only one for me now. You were my inspiration to be your partner, your meister. I love you." She said looking him the face. She then was going for another kiss, but Soul was so confused that he backed up and started looking at Maka in a strange way. Like she isn't even Maka anymore.

"What do you mean that they don't matter? They are your family and friends. They should matter to you as much as I matter to you. What happened to you to think that way?" he asked while keeping his distance from Maka.

As soon as he was going to try to shake her out of it and make her remember. "Maka, you really need to..." he said before she had suddenly disappeared. Now everything has turned black

All of Soul's memories started filling up the darkness and started playing in front of him. Then he saw Akuma with Maka in his memory. He had realized that he had truly lost Maka. And that he is never going to get her back.

What will happen now? I have lost Maka, forever. Akuma has stolen her and I'm never going to make it in time to save her now. I might as well giver her up now. She might be happier then. He thought while still watching his memory of Akuma.

Then suddenly, a ball of white light started shining brightly and has memory of Akuma that was playing has disappeared. Then the ball of light started to speak. "Soul. Can you hear me, Soul? There is something that I need to tell you. This is very important." The voice had said. Soul was in a daze, just staring at the light.

"I am Maka's mother." She said, and then she changed into human form for Soul to see her. She is wearing a white dress that is flowing in the darkness. He is still just dumfounded that he is seeing Maka's mother. "I've seen you watching your memories and you look sad. Who is that boy with my precious Maka? Do you know him?" She asked him.

"That is Akuma. He says that he loves Maka, so he kidnapped her to make her his wife. He is the new Kishin that Kid assigned us to defeat. But it is impossible to defeat someone like him. He is very strong and I just can't beat him. I'm not strong enough to protect Maka. Maybe I should give up." He said while looking down and a tear was streaking down his cheek from his red crimson eyes.

"Listen Soul. I will ask you this then. Do you love Maka?" she asked him trying to look him in the eyes.

"Yes. I do love her. With all of my heart." He said while looking straight at her in the eyes.

"Then fight for her." She said while smiling.

"How? There is no way I can defeat him." He said with a serious tone.

"Think Soul. Think. The power is inside you. You just have to find it. You are strong. You just have to find how to get to that power." She said while tuning around and walking in that direction.

Then his memories started playing again. This time it stopped at when they first met each other. He started playing the piano in front of Maka and the Soul that was watching starting feeling something weird. He grabbed his chest while still watching his memory play. He was feeling a warm feeling that was burning inside of him. He started remembering why he had joined Maka in the first place.

"Thank you for that, Ms. Albarn. I needed that. Now I know how I can protect Maka.

He then saw a scythe that looked a lot like himself in weapon form. He grabbed the scythe out of the air and it started to glow. The white light that was coming from the scythe was glowing brighter to where everything became white all around him.

End of Dream

He woke up to find out that he was in a cell. I hope that I'm not too late.