Friday Night

Adrien kept flexing his fingers thinking about holding Marinette's hand as they walked away from the school. It took him his entire time in this school to realize how much he adored her, "you okay with going ice skating first?"

"Y-yes I'll just go change real quick," Marinette said embarrassed about her reaction to him.

Adrien opened the bakery door for her and watched as she went through to greet her dad and head upstairs.

"Nice to see you again Adrien! What are you two up to?" Tom said casually rolling out some dough.

'We're going out on a date," Adrien said matching his casual tone.

Tom's face lit up with a bright smile, "that's wonderful! What a day! Adrien Agreste is taking my sweet Marinette out on a date! Where are you going? How late will you be out? Can I get you anything?"

"Uh, we are going ice skating first, then I was going to ask her where she would want to go."

"Such a considerate young man! You'll take care of my little girl. I know you'll treat her right!" Tom gushed over Adrien already imagining their long future together.

"I definitely will do that, sir," Adrien said feeling a little timid about how enthusiastic Tom was.

"I would just love to have you in our family! Whenever you plan to marry her and want to ask for my permission, you already have it!"

"W-what?" Adrien was surprised at getting this kind of approval already. Not that he hadn't already thought about spending the rest of his life with Marinette. He was in love with her, but he was currently trying to get her to love him too! And tell her about my identity so she doesn't hate me.

Tom couldn't expound on his comments because there were footsteps on the stairs and Marinette walked through the door. Adrien's heart stopped.

She had changed into a flowing sundress with flowers and was wearing a light pink jean jacket. Her purse was still hanging at her side, and when Adrien's eyes trailed down he saw she had heeled sandals. Even her toes are cute!

When she noticed Adrien checking her out with his mouth gaping open she blushed. Not knowing where the confidence came from, she strutted toward him like she was on the catwalk.

Adrien had died. He was in heaven. There was no way he would be alive and see this gorgeous angel walking toward him. She was both blushing and grinning with a devilish smile.

"I'm ready, let's go," she said walking past him to the door and holding it open.

Adrien couldn't speak, I'll go with you anywhere.

"Are we going to drive or walk?" She asked.

Breathe Adrien, get it together. You need to sweep her off her feet! Be charming...be Chat Noir. "Ehem, we are driving, the car is, uh, right here." He opened the door for her and climbed in so his bodyguard could take them to the ice rink.

Adrien tried to think of something super charming and funny to say but just blurted out, "you look beautiful."

"Th-thanks, I'm not used to wearing dresses but Alya convinced me to." Beautiful? Adrien just called me beautiful...

At the rink, Adrien paid for the tickets and skates. Adrien held his hand out for her to help her to her feet and didn't let go as they entered the rink.

Am I cheating on Chat Noir if I hold his hand? He told me to go on this date...I don't want to be a cheater! But I do want to see if Adrien likes me...

Adrien enjoyed her company but was still working on trying to be more charming and overthinking it. He felt like there was this pressure to perform for her and tried some jokes but they fell flat. After spending some time in an awkward silence he said, "do you have anywhere you would like to go after this?"