Wednesday-School

Adrien regretted waking up from the dreams he was having of his new girlfriend. Things seem to finally be fitting together just like they were supposed to and it made him think his longing for Ladybug had kept him from seeing someone just as amazing. No wonder I think of Marinette as an everyday Ladybug!

With the anticipation of seeing her, he jumped out of bed to start the day. He had the bright idea to see her sooner by going to her bakery for breakfast, and he informed Natalie and left for the day. His bodyguard dropped him off in front and he was greeted by an enthusiastic Tom from the back of the shop when he walked in.

"Good morning Adrien!" Tom called out and started closing in for a hug then stopped when he realized the flour covering his apron. He quickly took the apron off and enfolded Adrien in a hug.

Adrien returned the tight hug and said in a slightly strained voice, "Good morning Mr. Dupain."

"I've told you a million times to stop calling me that! Friends of my daughter are friends of mine so call me Tom."

"I'll remember next time, I promise."

"No you won't, you are such a formal young man, just perfect for my- someone special...did you want some breakfast croissants?"

"That's exactly what I was hoping to get, Tom." Feels weird but if I'm dating his daughter I have to get used to calling him Tom.

"It's on the house!"

"No, you do that way too often, please let me pay, I wanted to pick something out for my friends too."

"If you insist," Tom said letting the far too formal boy pick out some treats. "If you wait a few minutes I'm sure I heard Marinette upstairs and you can walk her to school."

"That sounds like a superb idea Mr... Tom."

It should have been awkward, but Tom started to work on his next batch of cookies while Adrien observed. There was something peaceful about the work and there was a comfortable feeling as he would look over and give him a warm smile. Soon they heard footsteps and Tom's face had a brighter smile to share with his daughter walking through the door.

"Good morning da-Adrien? Uh, wh-what are you doing here?" She was flustered after just spending the morning thinking about her dreams of Chat Noir last night.

"Good morning Marinette. I was grabbing some breakfast and treats for everyone. I thought I could walk over with you if that's okay."

"O-uh-sure," she lost her footing as she was walking towards him and stumbled into his arms.

Tom was watching the exchange and hoped he wasn't just imagining that they lingered in the embrace. They seemed to be holding each other for longer than necessary, but Marinette straightened up and waved goodbye to him as they exited, "Love you, dad!"

"How was your night?" Adrien was probing to see what she was willing to share. Keep it casual Adrien, no need to tip her off or anything.

"Um, it was...productive. I worked on my graduation dress while I watched a movie."

"I bet it looks awesome, I can't wait to see it..." on you.

"Only a few more days, what are you wearing?" She asked as they walked up to Alya and Nino talking in front of the school.

"Just one of my dad's tux designs, Nino are you going to be wearing your hat?" He teased.

"Not this one...we are wearing graduation caps, dude."

"Only during the ceremony, what about for the pictures and the party?" Alya said. "You won't be wearing that hat for our formal pictures afterward and you definitely can't have it for our black-tie party."