Flashback-2 Months ago

"This could be our only chance to find out what is going on. I'll be the lookout and you go in to see what you can find," Plagg said encouraging Adrien. There were too many odd things happening in this house to ignore any longer so he had convinced his holder to investigate.

Adrien opened the door and quickly looked at the computer his father always worked at. Using his new spyglass to figure out the code he unlocked it and tried to find anything suspicious. I don't know what Plagg thinks we're going to find. My dad is busy because he works really hard on his designs.

He didn't see any secret files or crazy conspiracy theories so he erased his presence and locked it up again. Moving on he saw Natalie's tablet left on the coffee. They had left in a hurry for the fashion show and she had left it behind. He unlocked it looking for the same things he had on his father's computer.

Adrien's head felt like it was going to explode.

How is this possible?

He scrolled through the tablet again, but the information was still there. Natalie had an extensive note collection on all the Miraculouses, their powers, and their weaknesses. He stared at the page of notes that was the undeniable fact that his father had been using the Peacock and Butterfly Miraculouses as Shadowmoth.

He is Hawkmoth...how could he do this to me?

"Adrien, we need to get out of here before anyone gets home," Plagg said urgently popping through the door and coming to see what he found. He had found what they were looking for, but getting caught in the act would make it all useless.

Adrien was now on high alert and he returned the tablet to its original state to the best of his abilities, even wiping his finger smudges off. He exited the office just as he had left it and quickly ran to his own room and locked the door. He no longer felt safe in his own home! One little lock on the door wasn't enough anymore.

"I have to know why he would do this, Plagg," Adrien said pleading.

"Stay put, kid, I'm going to go use my sneaking to see if I can find anything else in your father's office. It helps when you can go through walls!" He said phasing right through the door.

How could he have tormented the people of Paris for so long and still say he loves me?

Adrien slowly lowered himself to the ground with his back to the door and felt the weight of the knowledge set in. After the initial shock, tears also fell. There is no way he could love me and be the kind of person who would do this.

Plagg had checked to make sure no one was around still and snooped around Gabriel's office. He found a secret safe behind a painting, then an elevator that led down a long way to a huge open room. It screamed "evil layer" and held a sealed coffin with lots of butterfly cocoons around in the bushes. He peeked into the coffin and saw Adrien's mother, "Oh no. I have to tell Adrien!"

Adrien was still curled up by the door when Plagg flew in, "Kid! You won't believe what I found!"

"What else could there possibly be?" Adrien said with a sob.