Sneak Peek

Miraculously Beastly

The King is sending Ladybug on a mission to kill the beastly, Chat Noir, leader of the rebellion. She is resourceful, cunning, and unbeatable as the King's ace assassin, but this mission could set her free. Time may be running out to save herself, but she can use all her abilities to save her friend. 

Prologue

A tall hooded figure walked confidently down the hall carrying a brown wrapped package. His long dark green cloak flapped as his purposeful steps brought him to a dimly lit room. He sees his target sitting at the desk, hunched over all the maps and other documents. Without a greeting, he positions the parcel directly on top of the papers to grab the handsome man's attention. Green accusing eyes look up through blonde hair at the intruder.

"Nino, what's this?" The blonde said irritated at being interrupted.

"A peace offering straight from the King," he said laughing, "apparently our little rebellion is starting to really get under his skin."

"Little? I wouldn't call our rebellion little, especially at the rate it's growing."

"Well, I got it from Kim on the outskirts. He said to pass along the message: A pathetic peace offering to the noble leader of the Rebellion from King Arsehole."

The annoyance once present in the green eyes of the blonde disappeared as he laughed and he looked at the small box. He stood to fetch his knife and went to open it, but paused as he saw the actual message written which was much less amusing.

To the leader of the rebellion, Chat Noir, may these simple gifts act as a peace offering to avoid future conflicts and death.
-His Royal Majesty, Sovereign of France, King Agreste.

Chat Noir saw the royal family crest on the seal and avoided thinking about it by cutting the package open. He saw a note which looked hand written and he recognized the writing. Placing it aside he also saw two other objects and Nino leaned in behind him to see inside, too. There was a black cloth covering most of one, but the handle that peeked out looked to be the exact opposite of the inexpensive ring sitting next to it. The handle glittered with gold and jewels and the ring shone a dull silver.

Chat Noir reached for the gold handle and pulled out the hefty object. He pulled the black cloth away and they both gasped as they saw the ornate mirror. Quickly, they noticed it wasn't an actual mirror because it didn't show anything in the glass. It was misty and nothing reflected out no matter which way he turned it.

"Wow, a broken mirror and a boring ring? What great gifts from the King..." Nino said sarcastically.

"They must be magical. They are probably cursed and meant to help him spy on us." Chat Noir said seriously.

"So, you don't think they are a peace offering?"

"Highly doubtful the King would make peace after all of our sabotage," Chat Noir set the mirror back into the box face down skeptically. He picked up the ring to get a better look.

"Well, we could sell the mirror, I'm sure someone would pay for all that gold and jewels. As for the ring...does it even fit?" He asked looking around Chat's shoulder.

Something in Chat Noir hypnotized him when he touched it. He knew the item was most likely cursed, but his hand moved of its own accord to place it on his finger.

There was a sudden burst of green lightning from the ring that quickly traveled up his arm. Through the sparks, he saw his skin turning black, and before he could react the sparks were at his shoulder. He reached for the ring to pull it off but was surprised to feel soft animal fur when he touched his hand. When he went to look at what he was feeling the sparks covered his eyes and he was momentarily blinded.

His sight didn't return to normal and he felt disoriented when he could see details and strange shadows cast around the room from the candle. He witnessed as the sparks finished covering his other hand with black fur and looked to where it was at his waist. He suddenly felt pain in his lower back and heard ripping as his body changed. His once well-fitted clothes were torn at the seams and he could see his desk lower as he grew taller. He stepped back and knocked over his chair just as the lightning reached his feet and his boots were split in two.

During the transformation, Nino had fallen back and missed when the green light finished. He looked back and saw the outline of a much taller figure with bright green eyes. It stood straight up, but the legs were no longer straight, and the head was different too. They stared at each other, the massive creature towering over Nino who lay helpless on the floor.

"Wh-wha what are you!?" Nino exclaimed, his voice filled with panic.

"Nino, it's me..." the voice was lower and had a hint of a growl which surprised Chat Noir and he hesitated, "what happened to me?"

"Too bad that mirror doesn't work because you've got to see it to believe it," Nino said still flabbergasted.

4 and a half years later

A handsomely dressed blonde strutted onto the training grounds with all the confidence that his rank afforded him. He was decked out in a spotless uniform and decorated with symbols of his high rank. There was a following of women standing far off. They would often lounge uselessly anywhere he went hoping he would talk to them. Instead, he decided to approach Ladybug who was in the middle of a fight with a group of soldiers.

"Don't be too rough with them Ladybug!" He yelled over the commotion of the fight. She dodged an attack and grabbed the arm of the soldier, using his weight against him, she tripped him and he fell flat on his stomach. She smoothly flipped over him as he fell and took another attacker out who was hesitating by pulling him up over her body and slamming him to the ground.

"Care to join? They could use some backup!" She called back repositioning as two more charged at her. She jumped, clearing their blunted weapons, and let them crash into each other. She landed in a crouch and kicked her feet out to trip the one left standing.

"You know I would, but I've got business to attend to," he said watching the last attacker left standing to take his stance. He bravely stood against Ladybug one-on-one and didn't back down, but was disarmed quickly.

"Fair attempt today men, take a break and talk about how you can better coordinate your attacks. Remember, surround and use blind spots," she commanded the group. The soldiers that were still on the ground got up and brushed the dirt away. The whole group of ten walked away with smiles and chatted amongst themselves. It was a badge of honor to fight against Ladybug even if you were defeated so quickly.

Ladybug walked in a different direction loosening her armbands. She heard footsteps behind her and knew who was following her without having to look. She continued to ignore him and took a drink, but he came to stand too close to her and she felt the warmth on her back.

"I always enjoy watching the way you move when you fight," he said in a smooth voice. He took a strand of her blue hair and rubbed it into his face smelling her flowery fragrance.

"Is that why you've never spared against me? Enjoying the view too much?" She said casually turning and taking a step back.

"No doubt I would put up a better fight than you're trainees, but I'd rather get close to you in other ways," he said while his eyes trailed down her body.

"Did you come here just to watch me? Or were you here to watch the training session?" She asked turning to gather some of her things.

"Neither actually. The King requests an audience with you."

She stiffened, "What for?"

"I'm not meant to say, but maybe a kiss would unseal my lips...?" He said suggestively raising his eyebrows.

She turned quickly, "that would be inappropriate. You being my superior and all, what would the men think?"