Thursday Night

Marinette was exhausted after spilling her guts and trying to reason out her situation with Alya for the past 3 hours. When dinner finally rolled around and Alya had to go home, Marinette was still worried but felt better. They talked about the situation she was in with Chat Noir and how she shouldn't be falling in love with him if she wasn't going to share her identity as Ladybug soon. Tikki had joined in for most of the conversations and agreed with Alya on a lot when it came to Chat Noir.

They both wanted to see them together and happy but didn't have a solution on how to reveal her identity and keep everyone safe. Past relationships had always caused hurt at some point and if there was a new Butterfly Miraculous holder they could use those emotions against them. Comments about the time Luka was akumatized to find out her secret came up. That was more in favor of not keeping secrets than not dating at all though. Ultimately, it was decided that she has to tell him or end things before a new villain showed up.

Then they had talked about Adrien.

Alya had always supported her crush on Adrien in the past. She tried to help her get the courage to confess over the years, but now that she was dating Chat Noir? Adrien was a thing of the past. Ladybug and Chat Noir belonged together in her eyes and Adrien was just a silly schoolgirl crush. Even though Marinette tried to explain how he seemed to be acting different and excited about their date, Alya was team Chat Noir. Tikki was quiet during their conversation about Adrien except to input that she did promise to go out on the date and shouldn't back out. Somehow Tikki seemed to want her to date both Chat Noir and Adrien but the two friends expressed how awful that would be to both of them.

Alya constantly reminded Marinette that she can't just dump Chat Noir just because her old crush finally started paying attention to her. Especially since she wasn't sure if Adrien even liked her with how it had all happened. Marinette reminded her that she didn't know how Chat Noir really felt either since they had just started dating. In the end, Marinette decided that she had to figure out her feelings for Chat Noir and be completely open and honest about everything...even her date with Adrien. Alya just teased her about the irony of going from no love life, besides Luka a few years ago, to having two super hot and famous guys interested in her.

Thoughts of the things they had talked about swam in her head as she reinforced the lacy finishing touches on her graduation dress. If only figuring out what I want was as easy as making this dress. Start with a design, make a pattern, plan it out, put it together, and voilà. Why would someone change the original design when they are already putting it together? I was always so determined to be with Adrien and convinced that Chat Noir was silly...and a jokester...and sweet...and caring...and always there for me.

She sat back to look at her finished dress. Why couldn't I see I was falling in love with him this whole time? Love isn't some fantasy you make in your head with a stranger. Its what is built and strengthened over time with a partner. With Chat Noir.  Then why does it feel like I'm in love with Adrien too?

Marinette put away her supplies and looked at the clock. They hadn't explicitly agreed to see each other tonight, but it was more of an unspoken agreement that they would. After all, how would he get a good night kiss if he didn't come to see me?

She smiled at the thought and climbed up to wait outside. To her surprise he was already there pacing around, "Chat Noir, you silly kitty, what are you doing here?"

"I, uh wanted to see you," he said stopping his pacing. "I always want to see my girlfriend."

"I'm glad you came, but why didn't you knock on the door or something?"

"I...uh don't have an explanation for that, just lost in thought I guess."

Marinette walked closer to him but was worried about why he seemed off. She was feeling off herself after the last two days and couldn't concentrate on anything. Her thoughts crept back into her head in the silence. I thought I knew what love was supposed to be with Adrien, but now there is Chat Noir and it feels so different. How can I tell him about Ladybug and not ruin everything? And tell him about my date with Adrien...he is probably the jealous type.