Part 11

When we finally where allowed back at the house i sat with azriel and cassian who sat glaring daggers at lucien.

"Behavs boys." I drawled making myself comfortable in Azriels lap. His hands wrapping around my waist resting on my thighs. Azriel ended up kicking cassian when feyre finally joined us, along with Rhysand.

"I assume Cassian or azriel has explained that if you threaten anyone in this house, this territory, we'll show you ways to die that you've never imagined." Rhysand drawled to lucien who sat pale white in his seat. "But, i can understand how difficult this past month has been for you. I know feyre explained we aren't exactly as rumour suggests."

"Only in some ways." I grinned, azriel squeezed my thigh as Rhysand sent me a wink.

"But hearing it and seeing it are two different things. Elain has been cared for, Althea spends most of her time with her. Her participation in life here has been entirely her choice. No one but us and a few trusted servants had entered the house of wind." Rhysand explained.

"Elain is doing okay." I assured him.

"I was in love with feyre long before she ever returned the feeling." Rhysand tried to reason with him.

"How fortunate you got what you wanted in the end." Lucien crossed his arms.

"Careful." I sneered, he just shuffled away from me.

"I will say this only once, I suspected feyre was my mate before i ever knew she was involved with tamlin." I slightly flinched at his name. "And when i learnt of it... if it made her happy, i was willing to step back" Rhysand said.

"You came to our house and stole her away on her wedding day. And her sister."

"I was going to call the wedding off, you knew it." Feyre spoke.

"I hated spring, it wasn't exactly secret." I shrugged.

"I was willing to lose my mate to another male. I was willing to let them marry, if it brought her joy. But what i was not willing to do was let her suffer. To let her fade away into a shadow. And the moment that piece if shit blew apart his study, the moment he locked her in that house..." i heard lucien snarl as Rhysand spoke, and i could feel Rhysands power push lucien into submission.

"My mate may one day find it in herself to forgive him. But i will never forget how it felt to sense her terror in those moments." Cassian now stood, so did me and azriel, we stood beside our high lord and lady. A united front showing lucien this is her home and we will protect her even if it was from him.

"So again i will say this once. Feyre did not dishonour or betray tamlin. I revealed the mating bond months later, and she gave me hell for it, dont worry. But now that you've found your mate in a similar situation, perhaps you will try to understand how it felt. And if you can't be bothered, then i hope you're wise enough to keep your mouth shut. Because the next time you loom at my mate with that disdain and disgust, i wont bother to explain it again, i will rip out your fucking throat." Rhysand growled the last part, lucien finally began to listen.

"There is a long story to be told it seems." Lucien said.

"We will talk later." I said to feyre before i winnowed away knowing azriel would follow. We already have plans to catch up with some of his spies by the docks.

"You could go see your sisters with feyre." Azriel said as we walked down the docks.

"I think feyre needs to do this alone. I will catch up with her later." I told him.

"Thea." Azriel said and we stopped waking.

"No azriel, feyre doesn't need me following her like a lost puppy. She is high lady she can handle herself, and i am now the wisp, spy for the night court. I have my own shit to worry about." I began waking away towards the crowds of people wondering around.

"Where are you going?" Azriel asked.

"Work." I replied before disappearing into the crowd. With a sweet smile i got all the information i need. I also kept tabs on my father, when Nesta mentioned he was off sailing doing his merchant business i knew with hybern on the horizon to keep tabs on him, but non of his ships have been spotted in our territory in weeks, months even.

Turning into an ally way i unsheathed the dagger from  my thigh within the folds of my dress and in seconds i had  Azriel pinned against the wall my dagger at his neck.

"Your getting better." He commented.

"I had a good teacher." I shrugged and let him go.

"Im sure you did." Azriel mumbled.

"Well, get what you need?" I asked putting my dagger away.

"Yh. Feyre is asking for you." He said.

"Im not finished."

"As high lady she is ordering me to order you to go home." He mumbled annoyed.

"And why can't she tell me this?" I raised a brow.

"They can't get last your mental sheilds. Their impeccable." He half complimented.

"The cauldron fucked me over." I grumbled. "Tell her ill be home soon."

"She said you have five minutes before she drags you home herself." Azriel smirked at that and i rolled my eyes.

"Fine. Ill meet you at home." I said. He nodded and pulled me in for a kiss, smiling i pulled him closer but had to pull away to breath.

"Love you." I whispered to him.

"I love you to." He whispered before i winnowed home.

"So sorry to keep you waiting high lady, i was busy helping to protect this court." I said as i strutted into the dinning room where only feyre sat, though i could still feel Rhysands power in the air.

"Althea." Feyre scowled.

"Sorry." I mumbled taking a seat near her.

"Amren was right. You where meant to be fae, it suits you." She said and i sent her a smile.

"Amren would be happy to hear you say that." I said.

"So you and azriel?" She asked, i felt the blush come up my neck and cheeks at his name.

"When i woke a few days after the incident i looked at him and i clicked into place. As you know i cant cook so I offered him an apple. The rest is history." I shrugged, she smiled and clapped her hands together.

"Your all grown up now." She teased.

"Where the same age." I pointed out.

"Still, its so nice to hear your voice, to see you so happy." She smiled warmly. "I know how much crap ive dragged you through, i know i could have done better."

"You did your best, i chose to come with you. As much as i hated being in spring i endured it because your my sister and thats where you where." I said. "I would go through it all again if it gets me here. This is where we where always meant to be."

"So what exactly is your job?" Feyre asked.

"I am your personal guard. And spy." I shrugged, thats when Rhys appeared. "You just couldn't stay away could you." I teased him with a grin.

"We do need to have a serious conversation." Rhysand said giving me a small smile, a little uneasy.

"Whatever the cauldron did to me, can i learn to control it?" I asked.

"If we can find out exactly what happened to you." Rhys nodded.