Part 9: Backstory

10:48pm

The two sat there, looking up silently while holding eachothers hand tightly. Tears fell slowly running down their face.

No one's pov:

Sun and moon first day working at the daycare was excellent. Because of the way they looked from their original designs. Some kids recognized them, Sundrop and Moondrop would just tell them to keep it a little secret. Other kids were just excited to have new animatronics as the daycare attendances.

Both drops did change although, they learn not to hate the glamroks, that much. Moon was always kind and happy when he was around kids when they used to peform. But as each day passed, he grew a bit of hatred towards them. He was still gentle wuth them once they fell asleep. Sundrop on the other hand, he found peace. He wasn't as chaoticly happy and hyper anymore.

Sun was calm most of the time, he did went back to his old chaotic happy self when he played with the kids. Sometimes it would be an act, sometimes it would be for real. His actions and manners became more respectful, formal, more perfectly calming.

Afer the accident, Moon and Sun developed different ways to cope from it. Sun developed his way of coping of keeping everything clean and neat. He always told Moon it helped him because before he passed out after he fell, it was messy, cabels all over the place. His detached arm laying next to him.

Wires all over the place. people looked at him whith wide eyes. It was messy and dirty. It helped the daycare ofcourse and him.

Moon developed his own coping makanism by not sleeping/charging himself up. He was afraid of closing his eyes, fearing he would never wake up and see sundrop by his side. So he wondered around at night for many days until he ran out of battery.

He would stay close enough for when he powered off, sundrop would carry him back to the tower and charge him up. He would tell sundrop when he charged, to stay by his side once he woke up. Sundrop didn't mind it. He eventually got over the fear of heights and used the hook to fly around during nap time. Sundrop never did.

Few months of working in the daycare:

Moon was putting the kids to sleep, he managed to do it. He turned around and saw a small group of kids standing there. About 7 kids. "Hey, what are you doing up?" "We don't wanna sleep" Said one of them. "Why is that Sunray?" "I wanna see" "see what?" "Magic, when the two of you used to fly around the air and do many tricks!" Said one of the kids with sparkling eyes.

"Fly around and do tricks? I'm sure Moondrop here can do that for you guys."
"No! We're not talking about that! We're talking about the one we're you did tricks too!! And Mr.Moon would grab one of us and fly around the air! He would throw us and the you would catch us!!" "Mr.Moon, I'm not-"  "Oh, you mean the Midnight show?" "Yea that one!" All the kids said. "Can you do it? Please!~" They begged.

"How the hell do they still remember!" Whispered Moon at sun. "I don't know, I knew there were still some who remember, but it's been months!!" Whispered Sun back. "I wanna do it" "what" "i wanna have the feeling of doing it one more time" "are you sure?" "Yes, but with you" "...... okay, let's do it"

"Maybe a small peformance, but don't tell anyone, okay? Pinky promise?" Said sun as he held his pinky, the kid held his out and shook it. "Pinky promise!"

"Okay, let me get some blankets to cover you guys" they all nodded. Sundrop was stretching as Moon coverd the kids. They were all excited, with their eyes not looking away from the two.

But Sun and moon were nervous. "Haha.... Im having second thoughts about this!" Sun said as he looked down from the tower. "Don't worry, I'll be holding you, tightly" Moon reassure him as he placed Sun's whire on his back. "I've never even used this thing. Not even once." He chukled nervously.

"Cmon sunny, lets just do this one last time. Properly" Moon said as he held out his hand. Sun nodded at him, and took his hand. Moon then slowly leaped from the tower as he held Sundrop. Sun held him tightly, not wanting to let go.

It was scary at first for the two of them, Moon didn't wanted to drop Sun, it wouldn't be possible since this time, both of them were hooked up to the wires. Sundrop was scared to let go of him. "M-moon, I'm scared" he silently Whispered. "Don't worry, just like before. Imagine the stage, imagine the people, the crowd looking at us with such happy expressions. Remember who you were, Shooting star" he said with a quietly, calming, soothing tone.

Sundrop looked at him at the sudden call of his dead name. He smiled at him. "Then you better do you're best Mr.Moon" "you're on" the kids cheered as Moon and Sun danced around the air. The other ones didn't woke up, since they took the candy, they were fast asleep. Moon and sun leaped down and picked up a kid. "You ready?" The kid nodded in excitement.

Sun twirled around as he passed the kid in the air at moon. He caught him. The kid laughed as the others reached out for the two. Moon gently placed the kid down.  He was smiling, but not for long before he looked over at sundrop. His eyes widden.

THE END
11:49PM