Chapter 20

NOTE: I do not agree with them being so young and getting married, nor what follows after. I will not write the sex scene in detail, but will hint. I was going to leave it out until they got older, but this story is not going to follow them into adulthood. It also does go into something important later.

XxxxxX

The wedding day came fast, and before she knew it she was sitting infront of Itachi, the ceremony already started. She had expected something extremely grandiose, but instead it was just the two clans, the Hokage, and some other select important looking people.

Itachi took a sip from the first cup, then passed it to her. She took it to her lips, taking a small sip of the sake. It was lucky they had began alcohol tolerance training this year, otherwise the taste would have shocked her.

Itachi then took a sip from the next cup, before passing it to her. She too, drank. It was very quiet, each shift of their bodies seemed to roar.

Then, the final cup. The cup left her lips, her eyes trailing to her husband. His back was straight, eyes closed. He looked ethereal in his garb, as if painted into this world.

Then, it was done. They were married.

XXxxXXXxX

The ceremony his family prepared was small and friendly. They had a small welcome where she was introduced to the clan, then, brought inside for a dinner. She was quiet, semi hidden behind her husband. It was like he was taking the brunt of it, and she appreciated it.

He was always very considerate.

Despite being of the same family, Sasuke was oddly quiet. Due to being the center of attention she was unable to break away to talk to him. Soon, she would be able to see him again. At least she had him.

Sasuke's dark orbs met with hers. Oh, was she staring? She took a meek step behind Itachi, not yet ready to address the heavy blush that crossed her cheeks.

She had mixed feelings about being family with him. How would things change? Would things stay the same? There were so many unknowns. The food infront of her was hardly touched, her stomach turning at the thought of eating.

Soon, the moon was in the sky, and it was time. Itachi stood, and so did she. She sent one more glance at Sasuke, who was watching her, expression blank, before exiting with her husband.

Side by side, Itachi and Hinata walked to their new home.

Which wasn't far.

"You haven't said a word all day, how are you feeling?" Itachi asked, making her look to him. His eyes were on their approaching home, his shoulders tense, and hands clenched. She hadn't seen him so uncomfortable in some time.

Oh. She didn't say a word? She didn't remember. In her family, she wasn't really expected to talk.

"I… Didn't notice. I am sorry." She watched as he opened the door, the inside was absolutely barren. They still had to go shopping. It would have been unfair for them to decorate the newlyweds new home, Itachi's parents had said.

But, they had a bed. That was… Necessary.

She stepped in, taking a look around. The walls were white, the floor wooden. So.. Empty.

Just like she felt.

Wait.

She felt empty?

Why?

"You didn't answer how you are feeling." Itachi was calm, tone even as he entered the home, closing the door behind him.

"I… Have a lot of feelings." She said, tilting her head. He too, looked like he had a lot of feelings.

"You can take your time, sort them out." He looked around, also noticing their lack of furniture. "We have time, after all." He then locked the door. "Now that we are alone, we can finally talk freely."

Oh, gods. Was he going to- No. Itachi had always been kind and understanding, she trusted him. "About?" She forced out, eyes trailing to his chest.

"We don't need to consummate, not until you are ready." He placed a hand on her head. She looked up to him, eyes wide. But they had to! If it was found out they didn't- they would be in tons of trouble.

"Bu-" She started, but was shushed by his gentle smile. Looking at him, she felt a small shiver go down her spine. But, it was of excitement. His cheeks were slightly red, and his lips pulled into a small smile. He was beautiful. This man was her husband? She favored blue eyes, blond hair, but… Her husband was another kind of beauty. Perhaps… It wouldn't be so bad?

"I will not force you into something you are uncomfortable with, Hinata." He took his hand from her head, eyes shifting to their room. "When you are ready, then we will." He took a step back, but she quickly caught his sleeve. He was… So kind, maybe he would allow her to be a shinobi? She needed to know.

"Can I still become a Shinobi?!" Her voice was an octave to loud, and she winced at herself. Oh, but, he wouldn't hit her for being loud. He was kind, unlike her father.

He nodded, before he tilted his head. "You may do whatever you wish, Hinata." It was as if her world was shattered with those few words.

Whatever she wished?

She can become a shinobi? She could have friends? She could have a hobby? She could laugh and have fun? She could… do whatever she wished?

Tears filled her eyes, her heart thudding in her chest. She felt… So light. Was she really free to do to the things she wanted? Itachi's brows furrowed, the concern clear on his face as he wrapped his arms around her. "What's wrong?" He asked, holding her against him. He was warm. So warm. Kind. Oh gods, he was so kind. She clung to him, crying harder and harder. She was so lucky to have such a husband, to even have met him and his brother.

It was… surreal. No walking on eggshells, no fear of being beaten, and no fear of punishment for having a thought.

Perhaps she had thought of the wedding with some negativity when they were engaged, but now she couldn't be happier it was him that was her husband. And like that, she felt the wall that kept them apart crumble. They were no longer strangers, but a newly wed couple.

"Thank you, Itachi." She forced out between sobs. He said nothing, just scooped her up and brought her to their room. He sat on their bed, cradling her against him as she cried.

"Everything will be okay." He said, rubbing her back slowly. She cried until she couldn't anymore. He never once objected, and simply kept holding her as she slowly calmed down.

Everything was going to be okay. He was right.

She took a breath, burring her face into his chest. Her cheeks heated, the blood rushing to her head.

This was her life, and she was okay with it. She was young, but the only reason she still had her virginity was because she was the heiress of a clan. They specially modified konochi class so she would keep her virginity intact.

"I… I am ready…" She whispered, the words bringing a whole new wave of heat to her face. Under her, she felt Itachi freeze.

Oh god, please don't say he didn't hear her. She didn't think she could say it again! She quickly buried herself more into his arms, as if that would hide her. There was a long moment of silence, and she was sure she was going to break. Maybe he didn't want to sleep with a crybaby? Maybe she wasn't attractive to him? Was it too much to say?

"Are you sure?" His voice was low, unsure. Was Itachi someone who could be unsure? She always thought he knew exactly what he wanted.

But.. Was she sure? She pulled back, looking at her husband. His eyebrows were still furrowed in concern, his eyes searching her face franticly as if he had heard her wrong. She smiled at him a bit shyly. It was her duty. No, it wasn't just her duty. She trusted him to be her first, and knew he was going to be careful with her. He shifted, laying her down on their bed. She stared up at him as he looked over her face once more.

"You can tell me to stop at anytime." He sounded a bit nervous, which surprised her. She seen two new sides to him tonight. Was it because they were married? Or was it because they were alone? Or because of all the time they spent together, the wall that was between them, was now crushed into rubble? Something inside her said it was the latter.