Chapter 11

Thank you all, I love you, and appreciate you.

XXxXXx

It was a morning like any other. She woke up, made bento, and did her normal duties.

The only difference mirrored the day before.

Sasuke was livid, arms crossed, and expression dark as he glared at people passing.

Unlike yesterday, when his gaze met hers, it softened. He, also like yesterday, hugged her.

She tensed, sore from the beating, but hugged him back.

It was a happiness, and brought warmth she had forgotten, and now treasured. He seemed as unwilling to let go as she was.

"Did something happen?" He asked, breaking the silence. However, he kept his arms locked around her.

She sighed, and rested her head against his. She stared at the people down the street, enjoying the warmth Sasuke brought. "I had to accept punishment for missing class." Sasuke knew she got punished for 'bad' behavior. But she never told him how. "I am okay." She lied, turning to hide her face in the crook of his neck. He tensed, but also held her tighter.

She took a breath in, his warmth soothing her nerves, and scent comforting her.

He smelled like a campfire, and pine needles.

"Ba-... Baka, we will be late!" He quickly pushed her away when she sighed softly, making her blink at the abruptness. And Baka? He had not called her that since their first assignment together! His red cheeks, and averted gaze said he was not actually upset with her.

Thank goodness.

She could not deal with him being upset with her.

He grabbed her hand, pulling her along. "We are going to be late." She watched his ears turn red as he pulled her along.

"Hey, Hinata! Hey, Sasuke!" She blinked, looking behind them. Down the street was Naruto, waving franticly.

"That idiot." Sasuke growled, breaking into a run, and pulling her along with him. She was able to match his speed easily, but was rather confused. Why were they running from Naruto?

"Sasukeeeeee!" Naruto yelled, raising a fist at them as they turned a corner.

Why..?

They jumped into a tree, the leaves covering their figures. Sasuke was scowling, eyes dark as he searched for Naruto.

The blond turned the corner, and Sasuke's scowl worsened. The blond seemed lost, scratching his head. She giggled.

They must be playing Shinobi hide and seek!

She turned to Sasuke, pressing a finger to her lips, motioning quiet. Sasuke blinked, before a brief nod.

She smiled brightly, shimmying closer to Sasuke.

She always wanted to play with friends!

Always!

Now she was!

Naruto turned the corner, and she grabbed Sasuke's hand, pulling him along the branch to the roof of a nearby house. A small quiet hop, and they made it to the said roof. As they made it, Naruto rounded, having spotted a navy sweater, and ran after it.

"He will never catch us!" She giggled, pulling Sasuke along the roof top. Being Shinobi, they already had far superior strength and balance. They did not need chakra to sneak along the roof tops.

Sasuke was red, once again, letting himself be led along the rooftops.

She had taken this way to school before, and knew the safest, and quickest way.

They will be the ones to win!

She giggled, gripping Sasuke's hand tighter as she quickened their pace. "Sasuke!!!! Hinata!!!" She could hear Naruto howl from a distance.

XXXXxxx Sasuke POV XxXXXX

How was he going to break it to her? That they weren't playing a game? As Naruto's loud voice got quieter, her giggles grew louder.

When she left the gates that morning, she looked pale and solemn. He, not being the best at comforting, did the only thing he knew how, and hugged her.

He felt heat rising to his face again, and tried to gulp it down. The memory of her breath against his neck, the smell of herbs and shampoo will be forever burnt into his brain.

God, she was precious when she put her finger to her lips. They way her eyes sparkled when she came to the conclusion of a game.

There was no way he was going to let her find out he simply wanted to avoid Naruto.

For her sake, he would make this a game for her.

Hewould do anything to