Chapter 5

AN: Feed me your love. Will write in return for love.

XXxX

Sasuke was true to his word, he let go of her hand right before they got to school. Thank goodness for her, too. She wasn't sure her heart could take anymore! Luckily, no kids came to school as early as them, so there were few to no witnesses.

The rest of the morning was going by as normal. Her and Sasuke were always the first in class, so they sat and studied together while the other kids started to file in. Before, she snuck the bento in Naruto's desk before they filled in, but today was slightly different.

The bento stayed with her, packed away with the other three.

She had plans. On the first break, she would give it to him, and tell him she admired him... And then she would say it would be the last time she would be able to give him a bento, and then renounce her feelings for him. At least... That was her plan. The thought of it was giving her stomach pain.

When Naruto came in, her heart dropped, and her stomach twisted. Suddenly she felt like the room was all too small, and cold as ice.

The blue eyed children she yearned for... Would never be. She watched as he went to his desk, and immediately looked for the daily bento he was used to. When it was not there, he drooped, making her wince. Maybe she should have left it there? No! Then she wouldn't have the courage to talk to him.

Sasuke placed his hands on hers under their desk, making her look at him questionly. His dark eyes bore into her, making her blink. He was acting so moodily today. It must have been the shock of his brother getting engaged. And to her, of all people.

She guessed she would allow him to hold her hand. He was having a bad day after all. She wound her fingers between his, before giving him a reassuring smile. He stared at her for a moment, before his gaze drifted to the front of the class.

He was her best friend after all, she should learn how to comfort him.

Her gaze drifted to Naruto, who also looked very down. Rather than being loud and picking fights, he laid with his head on his desk, looking dejected.

Iruka came in, and class started. She felt Sasuke squeeze her hand, and she squeezed back in return.

The lecture was fast. Too fast. First break was minutes away. She relaxed her hand, and was about to pull away when Sasuke gripped harder. She blinked, looking at him.

He was rigged, shoulders tight, and jaw clenched.

So moody. She let him continue to hold her hand.

The break bell rang, but he still didn't let go.

She pulled as kids started to get up, her face heating.

What if someone saw?

Cold back eyes turned to her, making her freeze.

Suddenly, he released her hand, opting to cross his arms. "Be quick." He said, making her blink. He glared, not giving her a single glance.

What did he...

Oh.

Oh!

He knew. He knew about her affection for Naruto! He must have pierced together today's events! She blushed hard, her ears ringing loudly as he continued to glare ahead. She had already assumed he knew about her crush for Naruto, which is why he became the boy's friend. And then, he knew about her giving him bento. He was better at observation then she was at sneaking. And then... With his brother's engagement, Naruto not receiving a bento, yet she still had 4.... He was smart. He knew her plan.

She fumbled to get the bento, before quickly scurrying to get up. He sat at their desk, arms crossed, frowning as she hurried past him. "Thank you..." She whispered as she slipped out of class, like Naruto did not long before.

The hallway was busy, but it was hard not to miss the bright orange and yellow that was Naruto. She held the bento close, quickly slipping through people towards him.

"Nar-Naruto-kun?" She tried to call out to him, but he did not hear her and kept walking. She started into a small jog as she dodged people, her heart beginning to beat harder as she got closer.

She could do this.

She reached out, patting his shoulder ever so lightly. He stopped, and her heart almost exploded as he looked at her. He was... So bright.. So beautiful. Tears welled in her eyes. And she clenched the bento tighter. 'Hello Naruto-kun..." She forced a smile, and he smiled back. "Could... Could we talk?"

"Sure, Hinata-chan!" He smiled so bright she was sure it would be burned into her heart forever. He pulled her along, and she allowed it, all the while fighting back her tears.

She would not cry... This was for her future, and for Hanabi's.

He pulled her outside to the swing he so loved.

"Wanna get on? I'll push you!" He said, puffing out his chest proudly. His smile was huge, too much for what she was about to do.

"I..." She stopped, eyes going up the tree. Did she just feel..? No.. It was too early for him to be here. Her mind was probably playing tricks on her in her anxiety. But she had to do it. She thrust the bento out to Naruto, who smiled brightly and took it.

"Wow! Thank you! You know," He laughed as he plopped down in the grass. "I got one of these in my desk every morning for so long!" He opened it, before blinking. It was the same set up as she did every day for him. He looked up at her, blue eyes wide. "It's like you knew exactly what I like!" He laughed, closing it and setting it on his lap. He pat the grass beside him, and she shook her head. If she sat with him, she would never be able to choke out the words she needed to say.

Of course... He wouldn't connect them. He was not as observant as Sasuke. She took a deep breath, tears threatening to spill. She... She could do this. "I made them, Naruto-kun. Everyday." She took another breath and continued before he could say anything. Her words were fast and blended, she just hoped he could understand her mess of feelings. "I made them because I like you, Naruto-kun." The shock on his face made her stomach drop. "But.. But..." She clenched the sides of her sweater tightly. "I am engaged now, and can no longer make them for you." He stared blankly at her, blue eyes wide and mouth open. "I... Im sorry!" She ran.

She kept running. All the way into the school, and past her class, and into the washroom.

She sat on the floor, hugging herself tightly.

She did it. She should feel proud.

But she didn't. All she felt was gut wrenching pain and her heart being twisted.