Chapter 3

XSasukePOVx

There was one girl whom he had the some interest. She was average performance wise, a little too average. It was as if she forced herself to be average, which made no sense to him.

The first time he noticed her, she was practicing Taijutsu behind the school grounds. They were new to the academy at the time, their class had only started one week before.

Yet there she was, going through different forms in the hot summer sun. It was rare to see kids their age practice, it was often only the diligent that did. He was one of them. Thus, his interest in her began.

He watched her practice for a short while, then moved on with his day. The next day, he noticed she was in his class. He was rather surprised, he thought he recognized most of the kids in his class, like that loud mouth no-body, or the loud bimbo's that surrounded him. She was not one of them, instead she had her nose in a book.

In fact, she was the only girl in the class not to surround him. Perhaps that was why he never noticed her before. Hinata, the teacher called her.

Then, one day, they had a group project. She was partnered with him, much to his surprise. Perhaps their teacher thought they would work well together.

They did not. She was too soft spoken, and to quick too apologize. He got annoyed with her quickly when her gaze drifted from him, or she missed what he said. Because of the project, they both ended up going to the others house often, and it was an awkward experience for them both. That was when he learned she was the Hyuga heiress, although she seemed to know he was a child of the Uchiha Head.

When he asked her, she said he met them at a social party between the major Konaha clans, once. He did not recall, no matter how hard he tried. But then again, who didn't know him? He gloated secretly for weeks.

Eventually, they started making small talk, and she became a little less quiet around him. One day, he forgot his bento, and she shared some of hers. It was stupidly kind, and was not enough to fill either of them. But he enjoyed it, and even asked his mother to stop making bento's, just so Hinata would keep bringing them. And that was how he scored a bento from her every day. She was too kind, always bringing one or him, and careful of what his likes and dislikes. About two weeks of her bringing him a bento, he found out it was her home cooking. Bride training she said, it was required for her to learn all the dishes for her future husband. The thought displeased him, he didn't know why. It just did. When she changed the subject and asked if she could continue to make bento for him, the displeased thought vanished. He was going to be her practice stomach, she said. He dare smirk at her boldness, or when she giggled after. Despite that, she never made anything that didn't suite his tastes.

Then the project ended, yet he still dominated her time. He ended up taking the seat next to her, claiming it as his own. The whole class ended up shifting after that, he ruined the flow. However, it wasn't like he cared. All he wanted to do was continue his conversations with her, and eat the home made bento she would bring.

He learned she was smart. Very smart. Enough that she was able to keep herself perfectly average in grades, despite her ability to do much better. When it came to tests, she was able to accurately answer all the right questions, he would watch, as she changed them to wrong ones. When it came to physical exams, she would hold back during spars and matches. Why? He couldn't figure it out. One day, he asked her. She turned red in the face, and sputtered hopelessly. He got no answer, she was too flustered.

And somehow, someway…

They became friends. Not enough to visit each other, or have camp-overs like others, but friends none-the-less. They shared their company daily. They did not extend passed school, but breaks and lunch they were inseparable. When he tried to extend their time together, she would always have a different reason why they could not, like homework, or training. It was always another excuse. Yet, he let it be. It was not like he was lacking in her attention. He dominated her all through the school days after all. She was his, and his only.

And he made sure of it. That blond haired loud mouth? She liked him, and it frustrated him to no end. Not once did she mention it to him, but he knew. He knew with the way she would always be looking at him. Or the way she would sneak her third bento into his desk. Or the way she would smile when he was doing something obnoxious. He made sure that whenever their paths crossed, he dominated the conversation. He would point out flaws in Naruto when he came near, or pick fights. Anything to keep them from talking.

Somehow, it made Naruto think of him as a friend. The asshole started to follow him around after school, and even forced himself into a camp-over.

How did the blonde jerk become to close to him, yet he could not invite Hinata over?

It was frustrating.

But nothing was more frustrating then the night his brother came home with her scent on him. How did his brother, of all people, sit close enough to her to smell like her?

Then, it came together. Today was the day they were signing the contract with his bride-to-be.

The only female scent Itachi would have otherwise, was their mothers.

Yet Hinata's gentle aroma wafted off him, faintly, but enough.

Hinata was to marry Itachi.

The world turned red.