Chapter 6

Time passed without remorse for her feelings. Tears kept flowing down her cheeks, her eyes blurred from the excess fluid. She kept rubbing the tears away, making her cheeks grow raw rapidly.

The bell ending break would end any moment, yet she was not brave enough to face the outcome.

But she had no choice. Perhaps, since Naruto was so shocked, he would leave her be? No, with his personality… She stood from her crouched position, and tugged her sweater down. As a shinobi, she had to face her fears, and be brave. As a shinobi, she should be in complete control of herself.

She splashed cool water against her raw cheeks. In the mirror, she could see how visible her puffy eyes were, and how raw her skin looked. Anyone would be able to point out she had been crying. She bit her lip, before wetting some toilet paper and pressing it to her eyes. Perhaps she would be able to get the swelling down before-

Ring. Ring.

The bell went off, making her jump. She glanced at herself once more in the mirror, frowning at her disheveled appearance, before putting her hood on. It did nothing, but it did make her feel a bit better.

She rushed to class along with the other students, keeping her head down and hoping no one payed attention to her.

She slipped into the class, eyes darting around, looking for the source of her grief. Blue pools of ocean met hers, and she froze. He smiled huge at her, his hands raised as he darted at her. She felt like board as he scooped her up in a huge bear hug. "Hinata-chan!" He squealed, swinging her around. Their classmates scurried out of their path, watching them with wide eyes. She would be too, if she watched someone scoop someone else up and twirl. Blood flowed to her head, she wasn't sure if it was because of a blush, or the swinging. Her vision dotted, and she struggled as her ears suddenly rung so loudly she could hardly hear. She knew the signs… She was about to faint. She blinked rapidly, trying to fight back the fainting as she lightly clung to Naruto's rather warm jacket.

She was faint as he placed her on her feet, his arms still wrapped around her like a vice. Maybe she fainted, and this was all a dream? Naruto hugging her? Smiling at her so brightly? When did she faint? Her head spun as he leaned in, his lips warm against her already flaming cheek.

He was yanked back harshly, his arms not letting her go and he stumbled. She tried to focus, her eyes grazing the ink and parchment that was Sasuke. She could see his rage, and his hand against her shoulder as he tried to pry Naruto off of her. But Naruto kept his arms tight around her.

"Let go of her you idiot!" Sasuke yelled again, his face slowly getting redder and redder. She quickly glanced around the classroom, unfocused yet hyper focused at the same time. Their classmates were staring. Various expressions ranged among their peers. Then, she met eyes with Iruka sensei who was desperately trying to get everyone to their seats. No one was listening, their attention was all on them. She squirmed, but his arms trapped her very efficiently. The only way she knew how to get out of this hold involved hurting the other party, which she did not want to do.

"No! She said she likes me so she is going to be my girlfriend now!" Naruto yelled back at Sasuke, who seemed to be ready to explode. She blinked, focusing on Naruto who so desperately refused to let her go.

"She can't! She is already going to marry my brother!" There was a collective gasp in the classroom. Even Iruka paused and was watching them now. She squirmed harder in Naruto's arms, silently begging him to let her go.

"She is allowed to do what she wants!" Naruto yelled. "That means I can marry her if I want!" His eyes turned to her. Those beautiful blue depths she had always wanted to glance at her, were solely on her. "Will you marry me, Hinata-chan?!" He yelled, determined as always.

The little thread that was keeping her present snapped, and she fell into the blissful emptiness.