Chapter 17

zzZZZzzzz time skip lol zzzZzZZz

Soon, it had been a little over a year. They were now 11, on the cusp of 12, and were slowly getting ready for the upcoming Genin test. A few girls had whispered about how they had gotten their periods, but she willed hers away. As much as she was ready to marry Itachi, she first wanted to become a Shinobi.

After all… She was too awkward to bring up life after marriage with Itachi. As sweet as he was, they always had a boundary between them. They got along very well, almost better then her and Sasuke, but their relationship was... Distant? Was distant the right word? Where she had gotten used to holding hands with Sasuke, and hugs, and small touches, but Itachi never tried to touched her. There was always a small space between them, comfortable, but like a brick wall. Heck, even Kiba and Shino gave her hugs in greetings now. All because her father had become less mindful of her. It was amazing, that she dare enjoy such small things.

It was… Amazing to think a few years ago she didn't know the joy of a hug, nor the warmth of a touch, or the security of hands being locked. If it was not for Sasuke, she was sure she would never know. But now? She had learned there was more ways to show affection then just being present. However, she also knew the limits. She had once attempted to shake the hand of an old acquaintance at an Event between the Sand and Konaha, in an attempt to make a friend. They had been wallflowers together. Neither spoke to the other, but, they had always found eachother on the outskirts of the events between Sand and Konaha.

When she put her hand out, his sand had wrapped around her arm, holding her dangerously tight. She had frozen; arm trapped. Where she could not see the change in his expression, she somehow knew he mirrored her fear. They once again, did not speak, but he also refused to let her go. They stood there, her arm wrapped in sand, both appearing to still be wallflowers to outsiders. She could see Shino surrounded by family, eyes on her. When he began to approach them, she quickly shook her head. It was okay. He was not hurting her. Only when the event ended, did his sand remove itself from her arm. He left without a word. They were probably back at the beginning of awkwardly avoiding the other, but preferring to avoid others more by being in the same corner.

Naruto laughed, throwing his arm around her shoulder casually. Sasuke seethed, and held her hand a bit too tight. It had become normal for all three of them to walk to school. Kiba and Shino would also occasionally join them, depending on the day.

It was… Nice. She finally felt as if she was becoming part of the class. More of the girls chatted with her, and some of the boys as well.

She now held hands with Sasuke almost constantly. Though, some of the girls were upset at first, that had died down after Sasuke snapped at them. Why couldn't they hold hands, he said? She was going to be his sister, he said. The girls gave up, despite the awkwardness of the situation.

Class was going well. She maintained being average, just as she had planned. Then, the stomach ache started. Then, the slight fever.

Everything was going so well… Why did the blood have to spot her panties?

She sat in the school washroom, tears rolling down her cheeks.

She would have to inform her father right away.

Or… Could she hide it? Just long enough to pass the genin exam?