𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. THE BROKENHEARTED

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
October 2nd, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

BLOOD DRIBBLED FROM HIS NOSE, the skin on his palms scraped and stinging, as tears mixed with the salty taste of copper on his lips. His back pressed against a wall of the train station, vision swimming with black spots and his heart pounding with adrenaline. Above, a woman's voice spoke up, telling him that the next and final train to Nottinghamshire was now pulling into the station.

Theo pulled himself to his feet and stumbled toward the tracks.

Maybe it would be best to start at the beginning. 

Everything started, as it normally had, that morning; Tubbo woke up last and ate the pancakes Ranboo had made as Theo and Ranboo watched a Simpsons episode neither had seen before. Tubbo sat on the edge of the couch and casually mentioned that one of his neighbors was throwing an early Halloween party that he wanted to attend, his voice trailing off in a silent admittance — I don't want to go alone.

Theo and Ranboo shared a look and both said they wanted to go.

Theo regretted that now.

They'd arrived at 9 p.m., an hour after the party had begun. The smell of alcohol had hit Theo's nose, invading his senses the moment he had stepped foot into the house. A boy, who couldn't be older than Theo was, passed by drinking vodka straight from the bottle. Theo cringed, looking away, but the sight was similar all around the room.

"Shit," Tubbo said, looking at his two friends. "Sorry, guys, I didn't know people would be drinking." He sounded genuinely upset, as if thinking that Ranboo and Theo going to look down on him for bringing them to this party. Theo believed him; Tubbo wouldn't have asked them to come if he'd thought they would be uncomfortable.

"It's fine, dude. Shit happens," Theo said, speaking louder to make up for the volume of the music shaking the floorboards.

Ranboo shrugged. He wasn't wearing his mask and glasses, figuring no one would recognize him at this house party in the suburbs. "As long as none of us drink, whatever. Our place is close by so it's not like we have to stay if we don't want to," he explained. Theo nodded in agreement.

The party was too loud.

People moved around the house in costumes of various different characters and celebrities, dancing, yelling, and chugging cheap beer found in the back of Tyler Thomason's dad's fridge. Tubbo promised he didn't know that the other teenagers at the party would be drinking, but the three boys had agreed to stay and see where the night went.

Theo wanted to go home.

But he put on a brave face and walked further into the party, Tubbo and Ranboo at his side. Tubbo slipped off to greet some of his friends that he knew from living in the neighborhood. Ranboo and Theo pressed themselves up against a wall in the back of the room, unfortunately near the minibar that people swarmed to get drinks from.

"I'm proud of you," Theo said over the noise, though still keeping his voice softer so their conversation remained between them.

Ranboo gave him an amused look, lips quirking up. "Oh? Why?" Theo motioned to his own face, making the motion of pulling a mask down. Ranboo hummed, nodding quietly. "Yeah. Figured I could at least test it out. It's been good so far! Though my nose was a little cold on the walk over."