𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. ALL MY AGONY

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
August 2nd, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

THIS TIME, TECHNO CALLED FIRST. It was unusual because Techno waited for Theo to call him, not wanting to interrupt if Theo was filming a vlog or sitting in on a stream as he had with Aimsey and Billzo — who, Theo learned a few hours later, had both been streaming when they had talked to Theo for the first time talking. He didn't mind, but he would have liked a warning.

But Techno had called first. Maybe he found a new Squishmallow for Theo.

"Hey, Theo," Techno greeted tiredly.

Theo hummed in acknowledgment as he looked through the video clips he had begun taking during the trip, trying to make them into a consistent video. He planned on uploading it after the complete trip, when he'd filmed everything he could in the UK, but it was good to start editing now so he didn't get discouraged by the time he was back in the states.

"Are you free to talk right now, kid?" Techno asked, briefly getting Theo's attention.

"Um, not really," Theo admitted. "I'm doing some editing."

"Yeah?" Techno sounded amused. Theo scoffed lightly, though he was aware of how horrid his own uploading schedule was — that was why Twitch was so convenient for him. He didn't have to worry about uploading a video on time when he could just press a button and make content within an hour. "Are you becomin' a vlogger?"

Theo grimaced. "Hell no." He stared at his current editing project, lips pursed. "Well . . ."

"Oh, how the mighty fall," Techno teased. Theo smiled. "Well. Are you sure you're not free? There's, ah, something important we should talk about. Unless you want to find out during the Discord call tonight." Theo's stomach tightened at the way Techno said something important we should talk about. That never meant something good, and Theo wasn't sure he was in the right mental space to hear bad information — especially since Ranboo and Tubbo were out at the shops.

"I'll find out tonight," Theo decided.

Techno sighed. "Alright. I'll, uh, I'll talk to you then. I love you, Theo."

"Love you, too," Theo murmured, once again distracted by his editing process.

Now he knew why Tommy had hired editors.

Techno left the Discord call, his status switching from Do Not Disturb to Offline. Theo's was set on Online, because he never wanted his mods or friends to feel like they weren't allowed to contact him, even if it had gotten him a few spam pings in the last year. It was worth it to save his friends the anxiety of bothering him if they thought he was busy.

Which meant Ranboo had no problem calling him when he and Tubbo were coming back from the shops.

"We got some candy — Tubbo's appalled that the only chocolate you eat is Hershey's," Ranboo said.

"It's good."

"It's barbaric!" Tubbo protested from further away from the phone. Theo grinned. "You aren't putting this in my fridge!"

"I'll do what I want! If Ranboo gets a Fanta shelf, I get a chocolate shelf!"

Tubbo groaned in protest but didn't argue, so Theo considered the matter to be settled.