𝐗𝐕𝐈. THE WORLD, NOT YOU

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
February 20th, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

"TRIPPLE T" WAS NAMED BY Twitter, deciding that Tommy, Tubbo, and Theo's friendship had to be named like SBI or Bench Trio or Beeduo or Dream Team. Theo didn't mind, though he did wish they had a cooler name like Bench Trio, but considering he hadn't been a big part of the lore, it made sense that he didn't have many options for cool names.

He liked spending time with the other two boys anyway. It was always easier to do his homework when he was sitting in call with them, Tubbo playing Minecraft and Tommy editing a video as Theo tried to figure out what the Adjusted Balance Formula meant. Sometimes he really hated his math teacher.

"Did you two watch the new WandaVision episode?" Tubbo suddenly asked. "No spoilers please, Ranboo and I are watching it tonight." Theo smiled slightly at how excited Tubbo sounded. He was glad that Tubbo and Ranboo were also becoming fast friends. Tommy still needed a bit of work — it's not like he hated Ranboo, but recently he had seemed more cold toward him despite having been more open to being his friend before.

"Haven't seen it yet," Theo confirmed. "Techno and I are watching it tomorrow though, he's busy today and I was streaming yesterday." Tubbo hummed in acknowledgment, which Theo knew was the closest he would get to Tubbo being fully invested in what he was saying.

"I saw it," Tommy said boredly. "Great episode. I called the plot twist from the beginning but it was cool." Theo smiled slightly.

"You should watch it with me and Techno next week," Theo offered. Tommy, who had his camera off despite normally having it on, let out a small hum — not agreeing, but not blowing Theo off either.

"I think we should all—" Tubbo began before his voice cut out completely. Theo frowned, checking the call to see that Tubbo had left. A few seconds later, Tommy's phone chimed.

"Tubbo's internet went out," Tommy announced after checking his phone. Theo winced.

"Damn. Hope he wasn't doing anything too important," Theo mused. Tommy didn't respond, which created an awkward silence over the two of them, settling into Theo's bones.

He and Tommy were best friends. Theo would be the first to say that. But lately it felt like Tommy was going out of his way to ignore Theo, only joining calls when he someone else was there, like Tubbo or Ranboo; or  when he ignored Theo's messages specifically while streaming, but happily talked to Sam or Eret during the same stream minutes later. It felt like Tommy was trying to pull away from him, and Theo didn't understand why — he didn't understand why Tommy suddenly seemed to . . . hate him.

His therapist had told him he had to work on communication. Theo tended to overthink about everything in his life, from the things that he said to the one-off, dismissable looks  that his friends gave him whenever he got too excited during a stream. He would isolate himself, break down, talk to someone, feel better, and the cycle would repeat. They were working on Theo skipping a few steps and getting straight to talking to someone.

Maybe she would be proud of Theo for asking Tommy what was up. Maybe she would tell him he did the right thing even if it ended badly. But Theo couldn't see it ending badly — Tommy was his best friend. They would always have each other's backs, even if there were a few bumps in the road.

"Tommy," Theo said, gathering his courage before it could slip away from him. "Do you hate me?"

Okay. Maybe he could have worded that better than he had.