His Heart 💜

Cautiously, Inumaki climbed onto the bed. He slowly and carefully settled himself under the covers, keeping 15 centimeters between himself and you.

His heart was beating rapidly. Nervousness consumed him- he'd never been in a situation like this.

He may be a great semi grade 1 cursed speech using sorcerer, but being so close to a girl - the person he has strong feelings for - is something he just can't handle. This is more intimidating than any mission he's ever been on, scarier than any foe he's ever faced.

But he was more afraid of you finding out about his feelings. He worried that if you did, you'd push him away and your friendship would be over.

Of course, you'd never do that. You had said it yourself- you didn't care if a friend had romantic feelings towards you. However, it probably would become awkward, especially for him, since you're not very good with emotions- love least of all.

Inumaki watched as your eyes began closing, your breathing slowing to a steady tempo. He witnessed you falling asleep, all the while he was trying to get his overactive heart to calm down. But it was all done in vain. His heart wouldn't stop beating quickly, constantly pounding against his chest. He became concerned that it would wake you.

You slept so peacefully, yet Inumaki- more specifically his heart- was restless. He couldn't fall asleep, not with you right beside him.

Even though he wasn't sure for a while, Inumaki was positive now. Inumaki Toge likes you as more than a friend.

While this cute little scene was unfolding, Atsumu had slowly made his way back to Komori's house, where everyone was staying. As he walked inside, everyone shot glares before Sakusa yelled at Atsumu for what he did to you for several hours- Osamu would join in at different times.

Even when waking up, Inumaki's heart sped up. The moment his eyes caught sight of you, he felt his heart become erratic.

'Why won't it stay calm?!'

You slowly opened your eyes, feeling some slight stirring from beside you. You saw Inumaki fidgeting. "Morning, Inumaki. Did you sleep well?"

He flinched and turned to face you, his cheeks turning a light pink. "S-salmon."

You smiled slightly. "That's good. Are you feeling alright, though? You're fidgeting a lot and your face is a little pink...."

He shook his head, hurriedly getting off your bed. "Seaweed."

"Oh, just warm?"

He nodded. "Salmon."

You started getting up. "Ok. I just need to get changed real quick. Do you want to wait and we can walk back to your dorm so you can change."

His heartbeat intensified. "S-salmon."

You smiled at him, quickly grabbing your clothes and changing in the bathroom. You came back out and grabbed a mask, putting it on before heading to your door.

You turned back to Inumaki. "Ready?"

He nodded, a small smile on his lips. "Salmon."

"You two look cute."

You glared at Maki's tease. Instead of giving a comeback, you just rolled your eyes and started walking away.

Inumaki, however, had turned red and started panicking internally. "T-tuna mayo!"

Maki snickered at his reaction. "Aww, guys look at him!"

You turned to face them with a raised brow. "What?" You walked back over to see Inumaki's red face, your eyes widening. "Are you ok?"

He looked at you with wide eyes, his heart rate increasing yet again. "Salmon!"

Panda chuckled. "I've never seen you like this, Toge. Everything alright?" He smirked, clearly hinting at Inumaki's feelings.

Inumaki looked away, too embarrassed to face anyone. "Seaweed." He muttered.

You leaned to look him in the eye. "You sure you're ok, Inumaki? If you have a fever, I can take you back to your room so you can rest." Your voice was soft, warm, and gentle- making the poor boy's heart go wild.

At this point, Inumaki couldn't even think properly. You were being so kind to him, caring for him and his health. It made him happy, but it wasn't helping to keep his heart calm. It was far from calm.

The other second year had noticed Inumaki's state. Maki could barely contain her laughter. "Maybe he'll respond with a kiss."

Inumaki stiffened. He slowly looked in your direction, knowing they might've just hit a landmine with you. "Bonito flakes."

Your eyes darkened. You were thankful the mask covered the majority of your face. "Don't speak of something so disgusting around me." You harshly spoke, abruptly turning your back to them and walking away.

You took out your and texted Kiyoomi. You just made plans to hang with your brother for the next two days.

Inumaki sighed, feeling his heart starting to calm down finally. But he also felt upset with what made you leave. He turned to the others with a slight glare. "Spicy mayo."

Maki flinched, not used to him being mad. "Why are you so mad? She was the one that decided to be a bitch!"

Inumaki huffed. "Cod roe." He turned around and left them standing there. He began think about you again, his heart beating faster as he remembered the interactions between you two since late laat night.

A smile spread across his lips.

'Y/n really is an amazing person.'

Yo! How y'all doing?

So, I just realized I might be a bit of a favoritist. I just like this book way more than all my other work. Like, it just feels better than all the things I've previously wrote, along with the things I'm currently writing.

I just can't help but to smile while working on this! I get so many more ideas and easily think of plot points for this!

Inumaki is just too cute!

Anyways, hope y'all like it. Have a great day and expect a lot more soon!