Q's and A's

I sat there and was drifting off to sleep when the metal door creaked open and the fat cop came into the small cell room with a glazed donut.  I guess some mall cops really were like the stereotypes.  He had a boring brown moustache that looked like a ferret...

I slowly got up from the rusting bench and clung to the thick cell bars.  "Um, officer?  What's happening?" I asked politely.  He sighed, finished up his donut, and wiped the glaze off of his little 'ferret'.

"A teenager is here and bailed you out," he said boredly.  I raised my eyebrows at him as he unlocked the cell door.

"Do you know his name?"  I stood there awkwardly after Ferret Dude opened the door because his figure kinda filled the doorway.  "And um, excuse me, Sir," I finished.

The cop's ferret started to twitch slightly before the mouth under it opened to unleash even more awkwardness!  "Oh so you're calling me fat now huh?" he shouted.  I shook my head vigorously but he kept on going.  "Do you know what sitting around this stupid mall does to you?  Just get out of here!" he ordered.

I blinked as I said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way."

"Whatever!  Everyone treats me with disrespect," he spat.  I quietly walked around him and took the rant as an opportunity to sneak out of the metal door before I became his punching bag.

"Oh thank God!" I gasped.  That was just . . . scary.  I walked to the front desk where a middle-aged woman was typing on the computer.  "Hello," I greeted.  "So does this little mishap go on my permanent record or--"

"Oh, not this time, sweetie," she smiled.  "This would've come on your permanent record, but a young man offered such a substantial amount of money that we decided not to."

"Really?  Well thank you very much," I thanked bewildered.  I had never heard of an option like that.  It was probably a discreet bribe or something.  The lady nodded and waved me off.  I paused and wanted to ask two more things.  "And um, what is wrong with the man who let me out?" I asked. 

The lady's gaze snapped quickly up to me.  "He should be fine soon," she responded stiffly.  "I'm sorry if he was a bother."  The woman looked back at the keyboard.

"It was no problem.  One last thing," I said sheepishly.  Annoyed, she looked back up at me boredly.

"Yes?"

"Right, sorry.  Who was the boy that bailed me out?"

"That young man over there," she pointed to a corner of the room.

"Thank you," I said.  I could have sworn I saw a little flush on her cheeks as she pointed.  Maybe Jake bailed me out, but I had no idea how he would've had the money to do so.  Putting my hands in the pockets of my grey hoodie, I turned around.

"Oh no," I whined.  I ran a hand through my hair as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey there," Ace Devano smirked from the corner.

***Before I Was Jailed...***

"Those are cute," Julia commented.  I smiled and examined the price tag.  Money was a little tighter now that Mom was the only one supporting the two of us.  The only reason why we had such a nice house with amazing furnishing was because Father used to have a good job before everything went south...

When I looked up from the pair of skinny-jeans I was holding, I saw Ace outside the store just staring at me.  I wanted to kick his sorry, firm ass. Gosh why did the biggest douche-bag in the world have to be one of the hottest?