That's What Friends Are For

I walked back from the restroom, still confused about Ace.  I sat down in the over-stuffed chair across from Ace.  "What are you doing with my phone?" I asked.  He was holding my iPhone in his hand, suddenly frozen at the sound of my voice.

His mouth opened and closed like a fish before he replied.  "What is this?  The iPhone 4?  iPhone 5?  Because if it's the iPhone 5, it looks exactly like the 4th..." he rambled on.  I gave him a quizzical look, and he finally stopped.  I brushed a piece of brown hair out of my face while laughing.

"It's the iPhone 5, and it looks so much better than the 4th generation!"  He shook his head in disagreement.

His blue-grey eyes met mine with playful defiance.  "No way!  What did they add that was so awesome?  A little bit bigger screen, and everyone scrambled to get it.  It doesn't make sense!"  Ace was about to add to his argument, but he stopped when the too-formal waiter came again.

"Have you decided what you would like to order, madame and gentleman?" he asked.

I smiled politely and said, "Yes!  I'll have the sixteen ounce steak with mashed potatoes and creamed corn, please."  I saw Ace's eyes widen when he heard my order.

"And you, sir?"

He snapped out of his thoughts, and asked, "Oh, um, I'll have the sixteen ounce steak as well, with mashed potatoes, and creamed corn as well..."  He trailed off at the end of his order, spacing out once again.

"OK!  Your meal will be here shortly."  I studied his authentic French moustache, and stifled a laugh.  It bobbled up and down every time he talked!  It even curled up around the edges, too.  The waiter bowed, and left.

As soon as the waiter was out of sight, Ace blurted, "You eat?"  He looked really shocked, and I was just plain confused.

"Uh, yeahhhh.  Do you eat?"

"Yes, but it's just that I've never seen any girl who ate as much as me.  And I can see why..."  I nearly choked on my mouthful of water.

"Are you calling me fat?" I asked in disbelief.  Who would say that?

"No!  I just meant, uh, that uh...girls always um...want to stay thin, so they don't eat."  I widened my eyes even further.  "And you look great!" he added hastily, laughing nervously.  I decided to let it slide, but I was still a little hurt.  No girl wants to be called fat.  But leave it to Ace to make me feel bad.

An awkward silence crept up on us, and it felt like forever until Ace finally spoke again.  "So I hope they give me 69 kernels of corn, if you know what I mean," he said, raising his eyes suggestively.  I gagged, and sighed.

"I know what you mean.  I want to do something after dinner, too," I said seductively.  He jumped slightly in his seat, smoothing his suit.

"Oh, I see.  And what is that?" he whispered.  I grimaced, and looked away briefly.  What kind of sick mind did he have?

"I really really want to slap you in the face for thinking pervertedly, and go home so I don't have you see you until Monday!"  Ace gave me a shocked yet pouty face, and I did just that.

*****At Home*****

 "Hey Brayden!" I called.  I was at home, and I decided to call up my boyfriend.  I could get used to the sound of that.  I was just so happy that he felt the same way I did.

"Hey, Kitty Kat!  What's up?" he replied.  I smiled, and danced around my kitchen, looking for something to eat.

"Meow."  Brayden laughed, and I smiled.  "Nothing's up, but I just wanted to say hi.  Guess what though."