Ditching Sappy, Romantic Movies. It's the Best, Huh?

"Honey?" I heard my bedroom door creak open.  "Are you awake?" Mom asked quietly.  I shifted in my bed to sit up but felt a sudden pang of pain in my head.

"Ouch!"  The biggest headache I've ever experienced came out of nowhere.  "Why does my head hurt so much?"  I couldn't recall anything from last night.

"It's called a hangover, Kaitlyn."  I rolled my eyes at her kindergarten-like tone, but admitted to myself that she was right.  I brushed my hair out of my face and stumbled to the toilet a door away.

After I regurgitated that crap out of my system, I felt a little better.  "I'm never drinking again," I swore harshly.  Stumbling towards her, I hugged Mom who returned the gesture half-hearted.  "What's wrong?" I asked her as I pulled away.  "Other than the fact that I broke the promise of only one drink.  In my defense I didn--"

"No, that isn't the reason, honey.  You just smell really bad."  I flushed and looked down.  "An it's okay that you got drunk and now feel like crap!  I'm surprised it took you that long, anyways."

"Mom, I'm scared," I confessed.  She cocked her head to the side slightly, and touched my shoulder to comfort me.  "I don't remember anything from last night before pulling down Ace's pants."  I looked at Mom's quizzical expression and hastily changed the subject.  "Long story---nothing happened---it humiliated him, okay?  But the point is that I don't know if I did anything wrong that I shouldn't have."  I reached for a black hairband on the counter top.

Mom's hazel eyes widened like saucers as she shouted, "You better still be a virgin!  If not, I'm gonna kill that bastard who took your innocence!"

I stopped tying my hair back immediately.  "No!  I'm still a virgin!  And innocence?  Who says that?" I joked.  Mom shrugged dismissively.  "But who took me home?  Was it Brayden?"  I left the bathroom and started to walk downstairs with Mom following.

She thought about it before answering.  "Well, I don't think it was Brayden.  Whoever dropped you off was driving a black car, and I don't think that Brayen owns that."

"No he doesn't.  Did you see his face?"

"No, I stepped outside breifly to thank whoever took you home, but he was already gone, sorry."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"M'kay," I confirmed.  My phone on the dining table buzzed and I felt giddy when I discovered it was my anonymous Ask Ashley writer. 

'Hey!  I wonder if you saw any sexy firemen at a party ;)'

'No, sorry!  They were average looking ;P  But I pulled down one better looking fireman's pants.  Who wears teddy bear boxers?'

'Um, excuse me, but teddy bears are awesome!  They charm girls into staring at them with their cuteness, so therefore it gives girls more time to look at my...family jewels ;D'

'Oh my gosh ew!  But beside that thought, I'm glad you texted me.'  I really was happy that he did because for some reason, our conversations added a little fun to my boring time at home.  That reminded me that I wanted to go to the mall today.

'So you were thinking about it, I see!  And I'm glad I did, too.  The highlight of my day, sugar.  (Imagine my hot face smirking right now.)'

'Well I'm flattered!  I'll text you later.  I'm going to the mall with my boyfriend and other friends.'

'Oh.  Bye.'

I frowned slightly at his goodbye.  Why did he sound he so cold?  I have no idea what I did wrong, but I hoped everything was okay.  I walked into the kitchen where Mom was making her usual cup of coffee when she was home.