Falling

Oh my god!" I yelled out loud. When I walked into the science room, the first thing I saw was Jasmine's red face. "Are you doing what I think you're doing? Because I thought you told me this would never happen again," I said with disbelief on my face.

"No! It's not what you think it is!" Jasmine protested. I saw Ace look at us funny. He turned to us to say something.

"Uh, is Jasmine doing drugs? Cause that would be so interesting!" he exclaimed.

"Ew, no, you sicko!" Jasmine yelled disgustedly. She walked across the room and punched him in the arm. I wasn't surprised. She was a violent person, but she was lucky the teacher wasn't there yet! I knew it hurt him, but he tried to mask the pain. He winced and said,"OK, but you look like someone who'd use..."

I got really mad at that point. "Hey! You might be all cool and hot, but don't act like a Jackass all the time! But then again, you are one . . ."

"So I'm hot now?" he asked, surprised.  "Well, finally.  Something you admit."

"Is that all you got from my speech?  You know, nobody's going to like someone as self centered as you," I said, and turned around again. He just gave me that look that I couldn't place before, and looked away.

"Thanks girl," Jasmine said after I sat back at my seat.

"Don't thank me, but tell me who he is!" I encouraged.

"What are you talking about?" she said blushing again.

"Come on, tell me who the guy you like is. I know you well enough to tell whether you're lying or not. You haven't liked someone since eighth grade!"

She nodded her head, admitting that I was right. "Um," she started. But Ace kept on glancing back at us. "I'll tell you at lunch."

"OK. I have to tell you guys something too." Not long after I said so, Mrs. Brell came.

"Class! Get your textbooks out. Let's start."

*LUNCH!*

"So who is it?" I asked Jasmine when we all were at our lunch table. That caught everyone's interest. Especially Justin's.

"It's . . . Ryan," she whispered to us. We all gasped. I mean, he was nice and kind of cute, but it was still shocking that Jasmine actually had an interest in someone.

"Wow! Nice choice!" agreed Justin. "At least you know he's straight," he complained.  I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"You do know he just broke up with Kelly, right? It turns out that Brayden was comforting him yesterday and he forgot about studying with me," I explained.

"Oh, I didn't know that! I started liking Ryan a while ago. He talked to me today!" Jasmine screamed.

"Speaking of liking somebody, how's Teddy Bear?" I asked Jake teasingly.

"Who? Oh, Julia! Right." He looked down insecurely. "Uh, I haven't talked to her since the night I came over."

"What!!! You have to contact her tonight then! If you don't do it, I will," I threatened. "But then again I have a date with Brayden tonight."

"Wait, did I just hear correctly? You have a date with Brayden?" Bella asked.

"Yeah!  I'm so nervous though.  What happens if he doesn't like me or I do something stupid like fart in front of him?"  I panicked and wiped my brow.

"You have to let me and Jasmine come over to help you get ready.  And then slap some sense into you," she stated.

I laughed and blushed. "Sure, but seriously Jake, ask her to come over, and see how it goes. I don't care whether it's the usual one night stand, or a date, but just see her tonight, OK?"