Rendezvous

I slept the rest of the afternoon and replayed the day over and over again.  It was so much to handle that I began to second guess myself.

Did Brayden really mean to hurt me like that?  Or was I taking out my anger on him?  I groaned and stuffed my face into my pillow.  Nothing was black and white, jut gray.  All gray.

Then I made a mental list in my head: whom to forgive, and whom to hate.  Man, I was childish, but nobody acts completely out of reason.

Brayden I forgave.  He did nothing before to hurt me, and I guessed he didn't  know my story was so personal.  It was . . . my story, my whole life.  However, just because I forgave him definitely did not mean that I would pretend that nothing ever happened.  Not knowing how I felt about him anymore, distance was my best friend.

Then there's Jake.  I had no idea what to say about him.  He broke my trust to someone I hadn't even met until years later.  My eyes watered and I cursed.  "Damn it, not now, not now."  Spending all of my time wallowing in my room was not what I wanted to do, but it happened involuntarily.  I almost began to finish my stupid list when my body decided to sit up in my bed.

Rubbing my head, a flash caught my eye on the dresser.  My phone blinked again and I reached sluggishly.  Of course I should've known that it was my mystery reader.  He always texts at the right time.

'Hi,' it read, 'How are you?'

'Not good.  I can't keep myself together :('

'I always tell you how I feel, maybe you should tell me now :)'

'There's this guy who makes me want to kill him.  I almost did once, but I didn't want to touch that bastard.'

'LOL, and I guess jail is okay?  You know, he could feel a little sorry for whatever he did to you.'

I smiled and shook my head.  'I don't think so . . . He's not the type to be sorry.'

'You know what?  How about we meet?  Not face to face, but where we can't see each other?  You can tell me everything if you want.'

Something cam over me and I said yes wih no hesitation.  'How's in the park at ten?'

'P.M., right?'

'Duh!  It's nine right now!'

'Had to be sure, some people are really weird :P  (like me)'

' :P  yea, that's apparent.  See you there!'

<><><><><><><><>

Ace's POV

Shit.  Shit shit shit.  I paced around the room in guilt.  How could I have ever done that to her?  I couldn't control myself and I lashed out, that's why.  Just like I do every time.

I had to meet Kaitlyn when she had no idea who I was.  She needed to meet me, even if she would remember me as a faceless man.  Looking at the clock, I was already late by five minutes.

 I bounded down the stairs and snatched the keys on the way out.  I made sure to grab Dad's car keys because there was a chance that Kaitlyn would recognize mine from the time I took her home from the party.  She'd figure it out.  She was a smart girl.

 The whole ride there was slowly driving me mad.  I somehow managed to catch every dang red light and spotted a girl.  That would normally be a good thing, but she already knew I was bad candy.  Well, she thought I was good in the moment, not after.  I was pretty sure that at least ten of the girls I've been with was expecting me to ask them to the Winter Ball that was coming up.