Chapter 6

=True Lab Something Different #0=

Geno looks up from working on the portal generator and nudges Classic and nods to Nightmare as he drags QuantumTale Gaster away.  "Looks like someone tried to skip nap time again."

Classic shakes his head and chuckles.  The council had been alarmed the first time this had happened until Red came back yawning and announced that Nightmare had set up a nap room.  The mandatory naps and regular meats that commenced after that had been confusing until Dream laughingly started rationing the coffee.  That had nearly started a rebellion among the Gasters on the project.  Fortunately Nightmare had made Dream give their coffee back.

Red watches the nap time drama and walks over to Geno and Classic with mugs of soup.  "I really never figured Nightmare for the mother hen type."

"I don't know why not he has been parenting to Bad Sanses for years or did anyone ever think about the fact that they were all traumatized teens when he first dragged them out of their screwed up AUs?" Geno takes the mug of soup with a grin.  "Not only is he used to parenting chaotic Sanses but he doesn't want any mistakes because we are overworked or over tired.  He needs this to work even more than the rest of us."

Classic nodded, taking his mug of soup and giving Red a kiss on the cheek.  "I think Dream is worried about him, he has been keeping a close socket on Nightmare."

Geno snorts, "of course he is everyone who cares about him is.  Error may have never been free to do anything about it but they are soulmates.  DreamTale was one of the first AU and was only around for a decade before the apple incident.  Error and Nightmare met shortly after that.  They have been in each other's lives almost from the beginning of the multiverse.  If he wasn't immortal the last six years probably would have killed Nightmare.  Monsters who lose their soulmate fall down.  Nightmare is immortal but it doesn't stop him from hurting."

"Damn how pissed is he at Error for jumping then?"  Red watches Nightmare throw Reaper into a wall again.

Classic chuckles, "so other than being your brother-in-law kind of why is Nightmare so mean to Reaper?"

Geno shrugs, "you do realize Error was the original AfterTale Sans right?  Reaper used to pester him just as much.  It is why I would never give him a chance.  I am no one's convenient replacement.  Error and I have completely different souls.  Nightmare understands that, he also gets Reaper's complete lack of respect for us both as people."

Red actually winces, "Fox that is like thinking that FlowerFell Sans and I are interchangeable."

Classic shoots Reaper a thoughtful look, "I don't know what is wrong with him, he wasn't always like that you know he used to be friends with Error and stand up to Ink back when it was only a few of us at meetings before Red and Dream joined.  I have always wondered what made him change so much between one meeting and the next but the meetings could be years apart back then."

Geno gives Reaper a puzzled look and sighs.  "Error once said something similar.  That Reaper used to be someone he would have introduced me to but something got screwed up in his AU and he changed into someone he didn't even know anymore."

"Maybe it was a reset gone bad you know the AU that aren't supposed to reset get funked up when something happens and they do."  Red glares at Fresh who is across the room going over some kind of chart with Chaos.  "If you want to know what happened in ReaperTale well your source of gossip is close at hand."

Geno curses softly and even sensored the absolute venom is unmistakable, "now we are going to have to find out what happened and if he needs help.  That ashhat will use it as an excuse to be even more of a pest."