Chapter 14

=Something Different #0=

Dream hurried towards the retrieval party while the portal generator powered up, he couldn't believe it had taken him so long to find it that he had almost missed the chance to give it to Nightmare. "Nightmare!"

Nightmare looks up from talking to Killer frowning as Dream rushes over to them. "What is it Dream? I am about to leave."

"I know I am almost too late but it took me forever to find it!" Dream holds out a silver birdcage pendant holding a dark blue, gold, green, red, and purple pearl the size of a golf ball with a rainbow sheen to it. The sun shaped seal on it looked dull against the pearls glow.

Killer watches confused when Nightmare starts to tremble and reaches out for the odd piece of jewelry. "Are you okay dad what is that?"

"Error's positive emotions." Dream sets the pendent in Nightmare's hands and closes them around it. "You will return them for me won't you. I never should have taken them."

Nightmare catches Killer with a tentacle when he lunges at Dream knife in hand. "Killer while I fully agree with the wish to stab him for what he did that won't solve anything."

Dream flinches back a step but leaves the pendant in Nightmare's hands. "I know I have made mistakes, Killer I am doing my best to fix them."

Classic watches from over by the portal generator, "Dream can't seem to catch a break with those guys can he?"

Geno shakes his head, "that many years of pain, hostility, and resentment aren't going to just vanish but he will be okay so long as Nightmare is willing to protect him."

Red grunts, "but how long will Nightmare's protection last he is leaving. Not like Nightmare actually cares about him."

"Nightmare's protection will last as long as his boys are here and stand. Dream is his brother and they know what it does to lose a brother." Classic watches as Dust waddles over to hug Killer and lead him over to Horror and David.

Classic turns his attention to the so called Murder Time Trio huddled together not far away just leaning against each other. "We are going to have to look out for Dust, Killer, and Cross with Horror and Nightmare away. Kind of feels like watching a family get split up."

"There is no kind of about it. Nightmare adopted those chaotic gremlins a long time ago." Geno signs, "Horror and Nightmare are going to miss the birth of Dust's kids."

Red rubs the back of his neck and glances at Classic. "You pretty much disappeared with them after you sang at the party. What was that about?"

Classic shrugs, "Paps is right so they dragged me off to sober up and introduce me to their therapist. I think there was also soba and anima? I was pretty drunk so the last part might just be a weird dream."

"No, that sounds pretty accurate to them trying to prevent an episode. Congratulations Classic, you have been adopted by yourself." Geno grins at them then heads over to talk to Lust.

Red shakes his head, "don't listen to Paps and Geno those guys aren't you Dust is Blue's soulmate and you are mine. The soul is the culmination of one's being. You may be brothers but they aren't you."

Dream fiddles with his gloves not looking at Nightmare, "I am sorry Night I should not be asking you to fix my mistake but I can't go with you."

"Dream, listen carefully to me." Nightmare gently lifts Dream's chin with a tentacle. "I will gladly return what you stole this time brother, but you have to agree to stay in my castle with the boys. To not agree with or promise to do anything without at least two of them agreeing one of whom has to be Blue. I know that sounds controlling and like I don't trust you. Well it is and I don't. You are a good person or you try to be, but others can lead you astray easily. Let the boys be your shield."