Chapter 16

=JR Hedge Maze=

Sniffing out where Flower had tucked himself and the soft bones wasn't hard, but Horror was still pleased with the somewhat defensible position he had managed. "Mmback ya okay?"

Flower grunts and stands up helping Outer to his feet, "ya how is Error?" Once Outer is up Flower turns his attention to the still unconscious Bit.

"Error is not great but I don't think he has been well in so long that he doesn't even remember what well is." Efiáltis peeks around Horror.

Láthos steps out to the side to look them over, "I take it they didn't take Nightmare's aura thing well?"

Outer stumbles backwards startled by their appearance. "Who are you?"

Cyan stands back and watches not all that invested in these three not having a somehow fatal accident in the perfectly safe garden. He really had no tolerance for abusers.

Horror scoops Bit up like a sleeping babybones, "no idea Error 's okay with them dad didn't trust the swap alone stay together."

Flower frowns but gently keeps Outer close, "okay let's get back to Nightmare the sooner we get everything sorted out the sooner we get home."

Efiáltis frowns, "oh did you think you were leaving? But Error hasn't said he is leaving yet?"

"Efiáltis, don't. You know that is up to Error and Nightmare." Láthos pulls Efiáltis closer to him with his strings.

Cyan shrugs, "I am with Efiáltis on this one until Error says otherwise everyone other than Nightmare is a potential kidnapper."

Flower shakes his head, "no I have an agreement with my copies they moved to the omega timeline. I only have to be out of the multiverse for a couple of months to glitch my whole AU chain out of existence. Even if we don't bring Error back, I have done my job."

Outer frowns and shrugs, "I have an agreement with my Frisk and Chara they won't reset without me so my AU is as safe as it is going to get setting on the edge of the void in a crumbling multiverse. I owe Error all the time he needs."

Horror shifts Bit in his arms, "ehh I miss my mate but I knew that if Error didn't want to go back I would have to wait for the others to join us."

Efiáltis frowns, "you mean all of you came prepared to not go back? I was under the impression that Error's multiverse was less reasonable?"

Cyan huffs, "Nightmare had control of who came didn't he? That sounds like something Grail would arrange."

Flower shakes his head, "the council needs this mission to succeed and none of us can over power Error or Nightmare so when they called for volunteers they were looking for those of us Error would have the least problem with. I am not sure if they realized we would have our own plans."

Outer shrugs, "you see things living at the edge of the void. Some of them you can fix, some of them you can't. Some you don't even try because it is too big or too scary. Sometimes if you are really lucky you get to fix your own mistakes and regrets. Error favored my AU enough that even with its precarious position we have lasted longer than most. I owe him and I know it."

Bit squirms but isn't quite awake yet.

Láthos nods, "let's rejoin the others. I would like to hear what Error thinks of all this. After all it is his choices that matter now."

Cyan shrugs but doesn't cause any trouble, "so what is with sleeping beauty there everyone else is awake and on their feet?"

Horror turns and heads towards the castle, "everyone else has dealt with major personal negativity before. Bit is from a reset free, surface AU, without major racism or crime. At least none that affects him or his brother directly. It is also completely neutral."