Chapter 20

=RJ Rest Area=

Bit looked up at Nightmare, "then what don't we know about Error and Ink?"

"A lot but in regards to the topic at hand Error doesn't hate him not anymore he isn't invested enough to hate him.  Ink is nothing but a sad empty little shell of a being who can't feel even to tell right from wrong.  Error can hear the creators when they choose to speak to him they make the originals Ink just makes copies." Nightmare shrugs glancing at Error to check him.

Horror chuckles, "dad definitely hates Ink. Not that any of us blame him. We care about Error even if he doesn't care about himself."

"What do you mean Ink isn't the real creator?" Flower watches wide socketed he had always had doubted but he had never suspected he wasn't the real creator of AU.

Meláni tilts his heads, "you mean the noisy assholes that talk a bunch of nonsense and are always asking questions? Your Ink must be stupid even I won't talk to them."

Cyan slaps the back of Meláni's skull, "language you asshole there is a Bitty present."

They both get grabbed by blue strings and tied up in opposite corners as Error yawns, "you, brats are too loud."

Outer shrugs, "he does have a point about Ink being stupid.  Though that doesn't change all his other faults."

Bit shrugs, "stupid or not he is with we have to deal with at least everyone realizes that Error and Nightmare are doing important jobs now."

Horror nods, "hey Error when we get back there are going to be babies to knit for.  Dust and Blue are, having twins."

"You have pictures? Dusty must be huge." Error looks expectantly from Nightmare to Horror.

Efiáltis leans on Láthos grinning, "you know I am suddenly a lot less worried about Error knowing he has a strong family to look out for him."

Nightmare pulls an old fashioned photo album out of his inventory and hands it over with a smirk.  "Oh and your little brother is dating Killer."

Flower finally shakes his head, "how did anyone ever think you guys are evil.  You act like marshmallow fluff compared to any Fell AU."

Grail shakes his head, "one can be very different in their private life then their work life."

"All packed up already, you were ready to leave as soon as you woke up weren't you Error?"  Stavrós shakes his head looking sad and a little rueful.

Láthos rolls his eyelights, "Stavrós you have known he had someone to go home to and a multiverse that needs him since before he woke up.  You really can't keep every rescue.  He isn't even a Bitty."

"Why not? It's dangerous out there!" Stavrós folds his arms and pouts, refusing to look at anyone.

Horror snorts and shakes his head, "we must never let Cross and Killer meet him dad the castle would be overrun with cats and Bitties."

Error shakes his head not looking up from the photo album, "Fox help us if there are cat Bitties.  Can you imagine where you would find hairballs?"

Nightmare frowns eyeing Stavrós, "no thank you Killer's cat colony is plenty I am about ready to insist he rehome some of the more adoptable ones to FluffTale and shift to fostering instead of collecting.  I don't mind having some of the harder to adopt out ones like the senior cats or those with chronic problems that need experienced care, but perfectly healthy young cats should have a home where they can have their own person.  Not having to compete for time and attention with bottle kittens and older cats that wheeze and need help grooming."

Efiáltis nods, "exactly there are only so many hours in a day.  Rescue organizations have employees and volunteers because Bitties need time and individual care.  One individual caring for too many can't provide the best care to all of them."

Grail flares his wings as though to shelter Stavrós from the harsh reality, "I think it is noble that you want to help and protect them.  And that you have shown great fortitude in not keeping them as you wish.  Perhaps as Nightmare mentioned a few of those who do not have the best prospects and some fostering.  We all know you are wonderful with them and have much to offer the right Bitties."

Cyan sighs, "great we are remodeling again.  What fun, how long do you plan to be without water this time?"

Láthos laughs, "you could always stay at our place, we still own it. Though Cyan would have to share my old room with Meláni.  I am sure Stavrós won't mind Grail bunking with him."

"What no way Cyan sleep punches one camping trip was enough!" Meláni, proving he actually is smarter than Ink, tries to hide behind the couch.

Flower looks over the back at him, "huh this one understands self preservation? He really is different from Ink."

"I am more concerned about the sleep violence Cyan is a shade of Blue. Should we maybe be worried about what causes night terrors bad enough for a violent reaction?" Bit frowns at Cyan.

Everyone from SwapMultiverse goes quiet and uncomfortable.

Nightmare shakes his head at Bit, "we do not ask those things not before they know us.  We won't be here that long."

"So even you don't ask the hard questions?" Outer stands with a stretch and offers Flower and Bit a hand up.

"Eh more like letting us move at our own pace for our safety and mental health." Horror takes the crates of chocolates Cyan and Meláni brought  stuffing them in his inventory.

Error gives a little wave as Nightmare caries him out not at all displeased with the his situation at the moment.