Chapter 11

=JR Rose Garden=

Efiáltis watched Error set in the sun and knit unsure what to do, "I hope you have some ideas brother because this isn't much better than before.  The only thing he will eat is chocolate. He goes nowhere, sleeps not at all, and heals only slightly."

"Unfortunately I don't.  He has nothing I can influence for the better.  He is just waiting, only awake this time." Grail's wings drop as he clenches his fist in frustration.

Stavrós walks past them and sets a basket in Error's lap.  "Hey there Glitchy I came to ask a favor and with a bribe."

Cyan moves up by Grail, "now what is he upto we already tried bribes and there isn't anything he can do that we can't do ourselves other than god stuff and he already said he wouldn't do that here."

Error just started at Stavrós for a bit then flipped the lid on the basket open to look inside.  "And what do you expect me to do about this?"

Stavrós shrugs, "he can't stay at the shelter where I work. He is too fragile and we are overcrowded.  He needs someone to foster him and you are the calmest person I know. You don't have to touch him, sitting on your lap or shoulder is close enough.  Just be there and feed him and don't freak out if he growls or goes hunting."

Meláni wanders up and reaches for the basket.  "What a weird Bitty! Where did you get it? Do you think Grail's dog would like it?"

Efiáltis winced at the crack of bone when Error grabbed Meláni by the wrist and twisted his arm up behind his back.  Basket secured in the other hand as he came to his feet. "Grail I really think Meláni needs lessons on not grabbing at whatever catches his attention."

Stavrós facepalms, "we will leave you two to get to know each other." Grabbing Meláni by the scarf he drags him over and shoves him at Cyan.

Cyan side steps letting Meláni fall, "he said Bitty? What kind of sadist would want to subject a Bitty to a dog?"

Grail sighs and rolls his eyelights, "the kind that is high as a kite two-thirds of the time and has little concept of consequences or cause and effect."

Meláni whines softly but rolls to his feet cradling his wrist. "Why wouldn't you see if your pets get along?"

Efiáltis sighs, "dogs aren't smart enough to know bitties aren't chew toys.  If not introduced carefully, that can get them dusted.  I wouldn't even trust Kevin with a Bitty.  That said Stavrós, why did you bring him a Bitty?"

Stavrós grins leaning in till one of Grail's wings partially shields him from Error who was distracted with his new charge.  "Not just any Bittybones, a Horror type! They are pretty hard to rehome especially if they have had a bad experience but at the same time they are in pretty high demand from eating disorder clinics because they are perfect for monitoring patients.  If someone is not eating properly they are impossible to fool and react badly they sometimes start starving themselves until their charges eat.  To take proper care of him, Error is going to have to at least try to take care of himself."

Grail frowns, "I thought we agreed not to try to manipulate him like that?"

Cyan glances over at Error then pushes Grail at Stavrós. "Will you two just fucking kiss already!"

Efiáltis watches them go down in a tangle of limbs and glances over to see Error watching them.  "You do know that it doesn't count as winning the bet if you just push them like that."

Cyan shrugs, "don't care I am bored and if I can't get any they can at least be entertaining."

Error stands and walks over, "are you match making? I know an AU that is good for it. Nightmare throws pairs in when he gets bored."

Efiáltis looks at Stavrós and his brother worried, "that might not be a good idea if Grail goes missing JR might turn on us out of habit even if he did ban it."

Error nods slowly, "so giving me a Horror type Bitty is clearly emotional manipulation to make me eat.  You are aware my body doesn't understand food other than chocolate right?"

Grail looks up from the ground trying to untangle himself from Stavrós who seems content to stay right where he is blushing in Grail's lap with his scarf somehow knotted around one of Grail's wings.  "Well that is more progress than we have made sense you woke up.  So what do you mean your body doesn't understand food?"

Error shrugs carefully with the basket.  "I mean I don't need it and my body reacts like it is poison.  Personally, violent vomiting is not a way I willingly spend my time."

Efiáltis sighs and rubs his sockets, "okay we can talk to the doctors but maybe we could try easing into food like maybe chocolate milk or something?"

Cyan takes the opportunity to try and get blackmail pictures while Grail and Stavrós are tangled up.  "You might also try other foods from the AU whose chocolate works best.  As an outcode you might just have compatibility issues and need food from an AU whose code is closer to yours.  Though I have never had trouble with food from different AU.  The tacos in some AU don't agree with me but I never have that problem in the sector my AU was in."

"I never noticed anything like that but abomination number thirteen makes really good spicy chocolate."  Error frowns at the Bitty basket.

Grail tries to untangle the scarf from his wing or Stavrós. "Well it is a place to start, don't feel pressured to do something you don't want to.  We will help as much as we can."

Cyan shrugs, reaching for the basket, "I will take the Bitty if you want? I always meant to get around to getting one."

Error pulls the basket against his chest and slaps Cyan's hand away.  "Not, on, your, life, that would be like giving Dust a Bitty when he is skipping his meds."

Efiáltis snorts a laugh, "abomination number thirteen? Who is that and why do I have the urge to throw popcorn at them?"

Láthos walks out into the garden, takes one look at Efiáltis's amused expression and turns back around knowing his soulmate too well to get dragged into the mischief this  early.

"Original UnderFell Sans, he is a foul mouthed cocky little bantam with a temper.  He makes the best homemade spicy chocolate, and his AU is an excellent trash dump.  Sometimes if you aim right you can bounce stuff off his skull."  Error shrugs and looks in the Bitty basket again. "You know this Horror type is too skinny right? One of the adaptations they share with HorrorTale Sanses is to sequester magic in their bones to mitigate starvation conditions.  They should be larger than average for Bitties and have thicker, more substantial bones.  This one's bones are narrow and look porous."

"Told you he was too fragile to stay at the shelter." Stavrós finally wraps his arms around Grail and untangles his scarf making Grail blush at the almost hug.

Cyan pouts, "why wouldn't anyone let me have a pet? Grail has a dog, Efiáltis has a demon chicken, Meláni has a living oversized paint brush that keeps stalking the demon chicken, Stavrós works at a Bitty shelter and is always bringing work home.  I want a pet too."

Efiáltis frowns looking thoughtful, "He may have a point when he puts it like that it isn't quite fair is it?"

Error hums, "just send him to FluffTale unless the changes in this multiverse are more drastic than they appear he will get matched up with a cat that is a perfect match.  That is what Ccino does, after all."

They all gave Error confused looks before Grail asks, "How do you know that?"

Error looks just as puzzled at them, "I know the basic themes of most original AU. Checking on them, keeping copies from crashing into them, patching their codes when damaged it is all part of the job.  Well repair is supposed to be Ink's job but that idiot can't remember to tie his own shoe laces.  Probably why he gave up on shoes."

Meláni looks at his own untied shoes wondering if he can get away with not wearing shoes.