Honeymoon Period

⚠️♂️♂️

Hinata took off her simple purple ballet flats and placed them neatly on the floor as she walked into her family's home. "Hanabi?" she called out softly, "I'm here," announcing her presence as she made her way to the back of the home where she was certain her sister would be.

"Hinata." A cold stern voice stopped her where she stood, she quickly turned towards her father and greeted him with a deep bow.

"Hello, father." Her voice was timid, which was frustrating. Naruto had always been there to encourage her to not make herself small in front of the Hyuga patriarch, but as soon as he wasn't by her side- she reverted to her old habit of accepting his criticisms as fact.

She and her father had always had an uncomfortable relationship. As the clan head, Hiashi Hyuga expected strength and perfection from his children and Hinata never felt that she met those standards. It had become painfully clear that the only redeeming quality she held in his eyes was being married to the hero of the village come Hokage- bringing a great honor to the clan's prestige. Now that the divorce was finalized, her father didn't bother hiding his disappointment and shame he felt she brought brought to the family name.

"What are you doing here?" he said tight lipped as he folded his arms into the long sleeves of his haori.

"H-Hanabi... H-Hanabi and I-I were going to pick up some l-lunch and go shopping..." Cursing herself for stuttering, she kept her head low and made sure she did not make eye contact, fearing it would only further dishonor her father.

"Father." A frustrated Hanabi entered the room. Unlike her sister, she met their father's golden standards. She was strong, brave, and an absolute beauty. A Jounin level shinobi that brought great pride, more accomplished than many of her male relatives. The shining jewel of the Hyuga clan according to the head of the family. "Hinata is going through enough, please don't add to her stress."

Hanabi gave her sister a wide smile as she reached her arms around to give a big hug. "Divorce isn't the same taboo thing it used to be."

Turning his back to the two women, Hiashi grunted a 'hmmm' before rebutting, "Her inability to stick by the Hokage's side shows that she is weak and not worthy of our name or her status as a royal member of the first branch."

"Good thing she's keeping Uzumaki then." Hanabi chimed as she stuck out her tongue at her father's back, making Hinata try to cover her giggles with her hand.

"Clinging to Naruto's status." He said coldly. "You are lucky that you carried his children, certainly that is the only reason he allows you to continue your association."

"That is enough!" Hanabi lost her patience, hating watching her sister's head drop at their father's words. "You know nothing of the circumstances, yet you place all of the blame on Hinata! You are disgusting!" The younger Hyuga daughter spat, grabbing her sister's shoulders and began to lead her away from the stubborn old man and his out of date hurtful views.

"You say shut awful things to your daughter, and yet pretend to hold Naruto in the highest regard- despite while they were married you had nothing but horrible things to say about him. " her lavender eyes rolled at his hypocrisy.

"Do not imply I have anything less than deepest respect for our Hokage, Hanabi. Despite him being a monster, he still has saved this village and brought peace to this world. I'm ashamed I have a daughter that couldn't meet his needs fully."

Hinata stayed silent, though her vision began to blur as she was pushed towards the exit of the main house. "Don't pay him any attention, Hinata. He is just a bitter old man who can't accept change." she rubbed her sister's back before they slipped on their shoes. "I know you loved Naruto, and whatever happened between you two, I'm sure that you did what was best..." Even though she herself didn't know the whole story of why Hinata opted to leave Naruto, she knew her sister wouldn't leave the man that she had adored since before she herself was even born... without a damn good reason. Her big sister reached out and tightly squeezed her hand, a soft smile complimented with the gleam in her eyes that made the corners crinkle.